CA SMOG: probem with JLT?

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
Am I going to have a problem with my JLT CAI? My car is pretty mildly modded in the power department: CAI, catback exhaust, undrive pulleys. thats it..

Am I going to have a problem? anyone in the SF bay area have gone though this?

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
well i know with ca smog if you mod any of the intake and it doesn't have a CARB # then you can't have it.... Now if the shop will notice/care is another story. I have had people never open the hood and I have had people dig around. good luck

UCBeau

uh no, it doesn't. you wont pass smog with a JLT, with any mid pipe, with a timing adjuster, and i don't think you'll pass with pullies either.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
uh no, it doesn't. you wont pass smog with a JLT, with any mid pipe, with a timing adjuster, and i don't think you'll pass with pullies either.

I hope thats not true, i know you cant pass with a aftermarket midpipe but never heard about intakes though. I hope i dont have to take my JLT off when it goes for a smog this year.

UCBeau

got a CARB EO # for your JLT? didn't think so. it won't pass the visual inspection. the K&N FIPK is the only CAI that i know of with a CARB EO # on it.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
got a CARB EO # for your JLT? didn't think so. it won't pass the visual inspection. the K&N FIPK is the only CAI that i know of with a CARB EO # on it.

He's right....I know this is true...my cousin does smog and he just shook his head at my JLT RAI and asked if I had the origional intake...you need a carb number...sorry dude

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:

lol, I passed with all that stuff installed... with flying colors:shrug:

UCBeau

Tom's_03SVT said:
lol, I passed with all that stuff installed... with flying colors:shrug:
if you find a friendly shop that won't do the visual, you will be fine..the key is finding a friendly shop though.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
well I lucked out... I went to the shop by my house and the guy passed me. he asked about it I played dumb but he passed me anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread