cab light stays on

army_man1014

Established Member
Hey guys,

Im having a little issue here. I turn off all my lights and shut the door. now when i lock it with the FOB, it honks twice real fast, usually this means i left something on or have a door cracked. Well i make sure all my lights are off, doors and truck or shut and the darn cab light stays on as im driving or as i get out to lock her up. Now if i re check everything and open doors and shut them a few times the light will go off and the alarm will just honk once like its suppose to when i lock her up.

Have any of you guys have this issue where the car thinks something is on but its not and the cab light stays on. I was thinking maybe the battery in the fob is getting low but im not to sure if they are related. any help guys will be appreciated

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
Something kind of like this happened in my GT. Driving me crazy. Five minutes later and realized I had the headlight knob turned to the side to keep the light on. Maybe turn it to the right and turn that light off it that is the problem.

Dans02gt

Established Member
It happened on my 03 cobra and I found a forum that if you spray the door locks / latch with wd40 it will take care of your problem. It worked for me about two years ago and have not had a problem since then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Something kind of like this happened in my GT. Driving me crazy. Five minutes later and realized I had the headlight knob turned to the side to keep the light on. Maybe turn it to the right and turn that light off it that is the problem.

This happened to me tonight, drove me crazy.

army_man1014

Established Member
yea the light knob is turned correctly so i know thats not the issue.

NOw as far as spraying wd 40 on the door. i believe i did that a few months ago but i will do it again to see if this. thanks for all the help so far

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
the switch for the dome light is in the latch now instead of the little plunger they used to put in the door jambs. spraying the latch with wd and open/close the door a few times will sometimes get a stuck switch to break free. if you dont have any luck with that, check the boot in the jamb for a broken wire.

Users who are viewing this thread