cai or rai

Doch01

Established Member
Whats better cai or rai im not sure wich one to but I just know ima get it from jlt whats the pros and cons on both and which one do u have in your car....

OW99

Established Member
Ram air has a shorter intake tube but pulls in hot air. Cold air has a longer intake tube with an extra bend but pulls in less hot air. Its a toss up really. Neither really adds power to our cars anyway so go with the prettier or cheaper one. Hope this helps.

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
I currently have a rai but, i will be getting a cai soon. it honestly looks cleaner with the cai and there really isnt much of a difference with cai and rai.

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
RAI on mine but it came with the Whipple. Easier to clean the filter and as previously stated has the shorter intake tube. I personally like the look and bigger filter.

Rotzs99

Established Member
But it looks SO MUCH COOLER when you take out your right headlight at the strip! But seriously this is why I'm going RAI. That and the fact there isn't much more power gained by a CAI and I got a killer deal on a Steeda RAI. Vert in sig has JLT CAI tho.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I have the RAI. I only got it because I didn't have the stock intake tube for the eaton swap I did. If I had it to do over again I would have run the stock air intake tube with an open filter on the end. I have the JLT RAI and it fit terrible and is definitely not worth the money. I actually had to cut the PCV pipe they send to make it fit right.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The only time a cai will pull cooler air than a rai is when the car is stopped. Once the car is in motion, there is no air temp difference between the two.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The stock inlet tube and filter setup is a CAI.

Without the hassle of relocating the maf and adjusting the tune for it, digging the filter out of the fender-well when its time to clean it and having to worry about sucking up water during a flood.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
The claims of an RAI sucking hot are only matter at idle. Once the vehicle is moving, the air underhood is only slightly warmer than the air in the fender. If you've made your hood a functional heat extractor, the difference is essentially zero.

OW99

Established Member
The claims of an RAI sucking hot are only matter at idle. Once the vehicle is moving, the air underhood is only slightly warmer than the air in the fender. If you've made your hood a functional heat extractor, the difference is essentially zero.

My hood doesn't extract heat. Ford just put a fake vent on it.

Users who are viewing this thread