CAI question

ryanjoachim

Established Member
ok long story shorter. when i bought my 97 gt the guy that had it before me did alot of stuff to the car. first thing i noticed was that the CAI was really never finished. i really dont know how to explain this. he has the air filter mounted above the front tire pretty much in the wheel well. he has the bottom half of the new CAI on i think its called the air filter houseing? but the upper pipe is the stock one.? i do see that he has put a sway bar and the sway bar is very very close to the upper pipe which is why i think he has the stock one on. my question is if i took off the sway bar and replaced the stock upper pipe with the new one i have would i see a difference? HP wise etc.? is it worth doing or no?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
You'd probably me more let down by the difference in the way it drives that excited by the two-three hp you might pick up.

03Honda_Hunter

Established Member
I'm not really sure about what you've got going on now, but IMO every little bit helps. No it's not going to be a huge difference, but anytime you open up the air flow of the motor it's going to increase power. If you have plans to do a throttle body and plenum swap along with opening your exhaust, you'll notice a difference and maybe increase your mpg depending on your driving.

ryanjoachim

Established Member
i dont drive curvey roads or anything all street pretty much im just wondering if it would be worth take the sway bar out for the upper pipe for the cai

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i had a swaybar at one time and it helped but I took it off and dont really notice it gone, but I also dont haul ass around turns all the time either

Users who are viewing this thread