Calibration code and horsepower

julio

Established Member
I have seen two differant codes on the 03 Cobras QUD2 (something like that) , YDH0 and YDH1. Mine is YDH1 and I have heard that the second run cars make about 10 horsepower less, Any truth to this? Doesn't really matter just curious....

Thanks

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Mine is YDH1 and dyno'd 357 rwhp stock (SAE) so the 10hp rule-of-thumb seems accurate.

OverToad

Established Member
Interesting. Mine is a second run car. I never dyno'd a baseline run, but did dyno at 900 miles with a bassani '01 catback and xpipe at 395rwp/380rwt. This was with a completely stock airbox. I can't imagine that I picked up 30rhp from just an exhaust. I've theorized that I picked up the hp because of an ultra-lean A/F ratio. I've seen dyno numbers all over the charts, regardless of 1st or 2nd run cars. I used to think the second run cars were faster, but I think the A/F tunes are so different from car to car that it's really impossible to tell.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by julio
...I have heard that the second run cars make about 10 horsepower less, Any truth to this?

Heard from who? Where?

I'd look at where this "info" came from first.

I have YDH0, second run car, dynoed 374 to the wheels with only K&N w/out silencer

Seems plenty strong to me.

OneSVTFan

Established Member
I also have a second run car and baseline numbers were 358hp and 358Tq. Based upon the numbers I have seen most of the second run cars are 5-10 hp less than first run. There are exceptions I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread