California Emissions Requirements for Cobra's

rcaldwell00

Established Member
Question for you California owners, are the cobra's sold in California different on the emission equipment side than other cobra's? I'm in KC with no emissions requirements really and I know they are more ownerous in California. I may be selling to a guy in California and I'm doing some research for him. Any help would be appreciated.

RC

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
This is getting to be an old argument. If the car wasn't legal in CA, how could you move there and be compliant??? Just not a valid argument IMO. What you are saying is you would have to sell your car to live in CA. That's ridiculous. There used to be two different emissions calibrations. 49 states and California. That was for when the car was sold NEW. Most manufacturers I've been seeing now don't differentiate any longer because many states have adopted CA's regulations. For God's sake don't ask a local CA dealer...they will tell you anything to keep you buying locally.

By the way, my brother lived in Idaho, had a vehicle he bought in Idaho, and then moved to CA. He had no issues. He even traded it in Idaho while still living in CA and had no issues. (my mother was a Ford dealer) This is a non issue.

Users who are viewing this thread