California Gun Laws

carnut101

Established Member
Got a question for California LEOs. My boss invited me to go to the shooting range with him. I'm trying to figure out what kind of licensing/testing I need to take care of before we go. I'd like to take my dad's guns. Can I transport and shoot weapons that are registered under my dad's name? Once at the range, are there any legal issues with me using my boss's guns?

I remember reading that there's a certain age requirement to buy hand guns or anything concealable. I'm 18 years old. In my scenario, can I take a hand gun to the range?

Finally, I'm assuming I'll have to keep the ammo separate from the weapons while transporting them. Do either have to be in a locked container? Do they have to be in the trunk? We'll probably be in the vette, and while there is a designated trunk area, it's easily accessibly from the driver's seat. Is this a gray area that might cause trouble if I'm pulled over?

Thanks in advance.

carnut101

Established Member
The fact that three different people posted three different answers is exactly why I'd like this to remain LEOs only :-D.

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm gonna check out those forums and see what I can find. Scout238, I'm not a minor any more so 12101 doesn't apply to me :thumbsup:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
****removed by moderator*** Do not post until you read and follow the rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread