caliper color ?

03DSG

I like the rough grey finish of my stock calipers, but it seems as if the finish is comming off (turning light black...I am pretty sure its not brake dust) If I was to wire wheel the caliper what color would it be? I really dont want to paint because I like the matte rough finish.

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by jtack
I like the rough grey finish of my stock calipers, but it seems as if the finish is comming off (turning light black...I am pretty sure its not brake dust) If I was to wire wheel the caliper what color would it be? I really dont want to paint because I like the matte rough finish.

It would look like a Delorean.:-D

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
I have a few pics of mine ... including wire-brushed...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121081

Nice work coleman! Damn that must have taken some time.

I went the easy route to powder coating my calipers........I installed the StopTech brake kit. Unlike most of the big brake upgrade kits you don't have to do anything with your master cylinder when you do the StopTech kit. True, you won't gain any more brake pressure to the front brakes (which you don't need anyway). You will gain better clamping power, heat dissipation, pad wear and pedal feal (almost no caliper flex). I researched the brake kit options rather thoroughly before buying mine and came to my own conclusion the StopTech's were the best over all kit for the money. Yes the Wilwood kit is very attractive with the 6 Piston (more manly than 4.....right) set up and cheap price. However the rotor life of the StopTech set up is substantially better than the Wilwood and I was afraid the 6 piston design was more than the stock master cylinder could handle. I was also concerned that Wilwod doesn't have much experience in the road course brake kits.

Darin

03DSG

thank you coleman for the pics...the wire brushed caliper looks just like I want it to look clean grey. Did you actually use a wire brush or a wire wheel on a dremel motor or something similar....

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread