Called my dealer

cutter

Established Member
Called my ford dealer tonight and the first words out of the salemans mouth( he sounded like he may have been 21 or so) was these are limited production and we have a list twleve deep...same crap they tried to pull on the mach 1 when I ordered it....anyways started asking questions and he didn't have a clue to what a gt500 was....I'll wait until the hype blows over, ford tricked me once with the mach 1 but never again :dw:

R1Lello

Established Member
cutter said:
Called my ford dealer tonight and the first words out of the salemans mouth( he sounded like he may have been 21 or so) was these are limited production and we have a list twleve deep...same crap they tried to pull on the mach 1 when I ordered it....anyways started asking questions and he didn't have a clue to what a gt500 was....I'll wait until the hype blows over, ford tricked me once with the mach 1 but never again :dw:

:lol: Didn't have a clue??? Find another SVT dealer

The_Wretched

Established Member
he sounds like a ph.d compared to the moron who tried to sell me a 2002 "sport vehicle team" cobra.... i just simply said... no thank you and proceded to the door.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
cutter said:

I can't say that I am surprised one bit. Every day I wake up and go outside, the members of my society are a few IQ points dumber. :bash:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
cutter said:

I am suprised, because the salesman have to do the new model training courses all the time for the latest models coming out

cutter

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I am suprised, because the salesman have to do the new model training courses all the time for the latest models coming out

This kid was dumber than a bag of hammers :shrug:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I've had similar experiences. When I was looking at the 03 Cobra, the salesman helpfully pointed out that "It's turbocharged, you know!"

skinsand

Established Member
I was at the local ford dealership lately getting my truck serviced, and shooting the shit with a salesman. Huge mustang guy for sure. Seemed pretty knowledgable until we got to the GT500.

I mean...everyone knows it has the same engine as the Ford GT right???

just think these are the guys selling them...

cutter

Established Member
skinsand said:
I was at the local ford dealership lately getting my truck serviced, and shooting the shit with a salesman. Huge mustang guy for sure. Seemed pretty knowledgable until we got to the GT500.

I mean...everyone knows it has the same engine as the Ford GT right???

just think these are the guys selling them...

That's amazing....No that's sad....

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
The_Wretched said:
he sounds like a ph.d compared to the moron who tried to sell me a 2002 "sport vehicle team" cobra.... i just simply said... no thank you and proceded to the door.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
its a 5.4l with a blower right?

salesmen are all bull. thats what sales cars. they are trained to talk and talk, hastle and hound you, until you purchase a car or drop dead. its not often you will find an honest salesman.

Bower

Established Member
Similar stories here when I was looking for my Cobra. I did find a dealership and a salesman that was helpful - and it was worth the hour drive.

It's no wonder the sales idiots are uninformed - there is so much churn there that it's rare to find a salesman in the same job for more than a few months. That, and the lack of training, is the responsibility of the dealership (another entity that generally does not have a clue).

If you find a good dealership with a knowledegable and helpful sales force, stick with them. They are rare.

And spread the word. For me, Green Valley Ford in Fairfield was great - and I got positive feedback from other Mustang buyers I sent to them (so it wasn't a fluke).

-Dave
'01 Cobra coupe

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
You'd almost think that by bouncing around from dealership to dealership, these retards would pick up enough info on the competition and thier own crap, that I would have run into at least one that had clue one. I once had a guy tell me that an Eclipse GS-T would run to every bit of the speedo. (I think they went up to 160)

cutter

Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
You'd almost think that by bouncing around from dealership to dealership, these retards would pick up enough info on the competition and thier own crap, that I would have run into at least one that had clue one. I once had a guy tell me that an Eclipse GS-T would run to every bit of the speedo. (I think they went up to 160)

I know this isn't GT500 related, but I was having my Mach 1 serviced , I struck up a conversation with a salesman about the GT500 which of course he hadn't heard of...then as god as my witness he ask me if I know that Ford had purchased Cummins..... :bash: unless I'm really out of touch, this is one of the oldest rumors floating around....I couldn't believe this guy would say such a thing....correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think so...do they train these guys at all..... :shrug:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Most dealerships do not extensively train their sales staff, the salesmen are expected to read the data on the cars and determine the best way to point out selling points to new buyers. Very few buyers actually know that much about cars, most buyers are in fact idiots who only care about payments. I used to sell cars, and was the only real car freak on the lot, so knew what how to talk up the performance cars. However, there are great sales trainers out there, who know how to train a salesperson to overcome objections and come back with a reason why you should commit now rather than shop around further. I was professionally trained and had my choice of any dealer in town I wanted to work at. But my sales days were dated back before the internet, so didn't have to worry about punks who lived on stats and forums before coming in to "test drive" a new car.

An honest salesman is rarely a starving one, as they get more referral sales, and stay in the business alot longer than the losers hired off the street with no education or exp. The top 5 salesmen at our lot had 10 years or more in the field, and are still selling today, and are still top sellers in town, regardless of which dealership they sell at. (I was no 3, but got out and got an office job instead-80 hour workweeks weren't worth the effort for me) Plus they rake in over 80k a year minimum. Not all car salesmen are thieves and tricksters, although alot of the untrained ones are. The thieves rotate from dealer to dealer, the pros usually pick a spot and stick with it for alot longer.

Users who are viewing this thread