Called out by SRT4 (video inside)

pjb03

Established Member
This happened last Sat. night. I was talking to a few friends at the local spot, when I noticed some guys checking the 03 out. They came up to the group I was with and asked,"Who owns the 03 cobra." I said it was mine. They asked if I would run them in their neon. How could I say no? We headed to the spot. We get ready to go, when I looked over at them and see a camara pointed at me. I felt a cold chill thinking about being the laughing stock of the internet. Here is the vid. http://import.h8rs.com/neonwasp/ACR2NV/srtvscobra.wmv

On the second run I hit the limiter in 1st.

It is nice to see a domestic rice eater though. I expect to see these cars smacking quite a few mustangs and camaros around in the near future.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
good kill bro. I hear those things can be pretty wicked fast with a few mods. I look forward to seeing these things when they are more heavily modded. Thanks for the post. Kill 'em all!

Wild Bill

Established Member
Hey nice kill. There is already a thread with this video.You beat him pretty easy.I figured you were spinning bad on the second run.I thought you were probably just nervous because of the camera and hit it a little too hard in first.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
very nice kill man, if u look at post that i just put up about a s/c mach 1 thats how it beat us, u were the mach 1 and we were the cobra ( neon ) lol ya im still looking for the driver of that mach. Congrats on the kill.

Last edited:

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
crushed him.though i understand why dodge came out with this car i wished they wouldve came out with a better platform for this power plant.preferably a RWD or AWD design.

id really like to see them come up with an affordable car with a v8 or toned down viper motor.

DaTruth

Established Member
There was another Silver 03 Cobra out last night.. He dyno'd 488rwhp.. He has chrome wheels.. He is a friend of my buddy Vince with the black 03 Cobra that lives down the street from me.. He was hotlapping the race track.. He wanted to run me. We ran and you know what the outcome was. I hope he post the video.. I told him to let his car cool down and gave him some pointers on when to shift and how to launch. Wow!! He was able to kill me on the launch 2 times out of 4 and it took me some time to catch him.. It was a much different race once he let the monster cool off.. :)

DaTruth

Established Member
I was very surprised with his car. He is still learning his car. I am sure if you were in his car Pat, the race would have been much different. :) I cant wait till my buddy put that KB on.. It is going to be sick..

SVT Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by pjb03

nice murder-err kill, the neon never had a prayer. i cant believe the neon guys had the audacity to come up to the group asking "whos owns the 03 Cobra?", as if they were gonna win the race or something(but then i realized, these are guys from srtforums :rollseyes ). in any case, nice kill again, i think you made 'em realize they better think twice next time before stepping up to the big boys plate :thumbsup:

pjb03

Established Member
I was a little suprised, too! I thought I was going against the neon king. You never know what these little cars have today. I will say that they had some balls to post it though.

kmad61

NWO 4 LIFE
Established Member
Good kill! I got an Srt4 kill about 2 weeks ago in my 99 Lightning.I have to give the devil his due,that neon 4 banger runs very well for 20 grand.:beer:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I think they are neat also...for 20k you cant touch it...some mods and it'll embarass some mustangs/F-bodies.

Mako

Established Member
Good kill and good death to the Neon owner for posting the video of him getting killed.

JDP

Established Member
Nice kill. Those SRT-4's got some juice for only 20K though. I gotta give a thumbs up to the SRT-4 guys for challenging you; it seemed as if they knew they might be fighting a losing battle, yet they wanted to slug it out anyways. Hopefully theyre not making excuses or talkin smack after-the-fact.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread