Calling all Lightnings to Carlisle All Ford Nationals in June !!!

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Foreword: This has been approved by Travis "SID297"....Thank you Travis. :rockon:

OK guys, I am planning putting together a big group for the Carlisle All Ford Nationals car show june 5th, 6th and 7th (Fri,Sat,Sun)

This thread will be to keep track of everyone who would like to attend, and to make sure we all register under LIGHTNINGRODDER.COM for purposes of getting some comps from the Carlisle showgrounds

I have setup a good rate and a block of rooms so we can all stay at the same place, safety in numbers, and fun as well.:banana:

Carlisle will also provide us with a 20 foot tent for our club if we can get 25 or more trucks to all register under the same club name of LIGHTNINGRODDER.COM :pepper:

This is my first event I will be attempting to plan, I will have the help of my GF who is a professional event planner so hopefully things go smoothly, but I am sure to forget something so all suggestions, and offers of help, etc. will be happily accepted. ;)

Here is the link to the show info: Carlisle Events All-Ford Nationals. Experience The Cars. The People. The Excitement.

And here is the registration link: Carlisle Events All-Ford Nationals. Experience The Cars. The People. The Excitement.

It is imperative if or when you register to put LIGHTNINGRODDER.COM in the section where it says "CLUB" type it in all caps and NO SPACES, then post up here with your name and if possible confirmation number from your registration so I may keep tabs on our group size, I hope we can hit 25 but if we don't it will still be a blast.

Showfeild registration for the three days is about $40, and includes admission for a guest as well.

I will update this thread with info as I make progress.

Thanks guys

Ian "Pitstain" Schwartz

HOTEL INFO :

Hotel:

Holiday Inn Harrisburg West
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
(717) 697-0321
Hotel and wedding venue in Mechanicsburg Harrisburg Holiday Inn Harrisburg West near Hersheypark, Gettysburg, State Capitol

PLEASE ASK FOR "IN HOUSE" RESERVATIONS WHEN BOOKING

Rates:

Thursday, June 4, 2009 $99 plus 8.5% tax
Friday, June 5, 2009 $131 plus 8.5% tax
Saturday, June 6, 2009 $131 plus 8.5% tax

Booking Info:

Each person must call the hotel directly at (717) 697-0321 to reserve a room. When booking, mention that you are with a group: Lightning Rodder. Specify whether you want a single bed or double beds, smoking or non-smoking.

Payment:

You must present a credit card when reserving your room.
Your card will not be charged until the day you check-in.
DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD- Your bank may withhold funds for a few days.

Dates You Need to Know:

• You may start booking your rooms on Monday, February 9th.

• These discounted rates will be guaranteed until Wednesday, April 1st.

• After April 1st, rooms may be booked at this rate based on hotel availability.

• You may cancel a reservation up until April 7th without any penalty fees.

Miscellaneous Info:

• Check In time is 4 PM.
• Check Out time is 11 AM.
• This hotel is located approximately 8 miles from the Carlisle Fairgrounds.
• This hotel does have a sports-bar/restaurant located on premises.

*Please note that these rates are discounted approximately $30-$40/night
based on our group booking a minimum of 18 rooms.

Please PM me your full name, phone number, and if you book a room, your hotel reservation confirmation number, I need to keep tabs on our bookings so I can get extra rooms if needed.

A few other things

Beverages: I will be buying a decent quantity of soda, water, etc. so everyone has something cold to drink.

Seating: I have 3 or 4 of those cloth foldy chairs, I will bring them all, so I will have at least one or two spares for people to use, but if you have chairs or extras please bring them.

Tents: I know I burn easy, and need somewhere to hang the LR banner, so I will bring my 8' x 8' easy up tent, if we do manage to get 25 confirmed trucks registered we will have a 20' x 20' tent provided to us by Carlisle, but I'll bring mine anyway, and if anyone else has one, then please feel free to bring it along too.

FOOD !!!!: As many of you may know, there is no shortage of food vendors at Carlisle, but it can get expensive, and last time I was there we were not harassed for using SMALL grills, being a city dweller I do not own one, but if anyone has a somewhat portable propane grill, and could bring it along it would be much appreciated. Myself and others will bring some burgers, dogs, etc. if you would like to bring some too please let me know.

Once we know how many people will be showing and we have a confirmed grill or three being brought by someone, I will make sure to to get burgers, dogs, sausages, or whatever so we are all well fed at the show.

If anyone would like to bring anything for the show please let me know Via PM so I can keep track, and re-confirm with you prior to the show.

Questions? PM me, or click on my AIM link in my sig.

Thanks guys !!! hope to see you at the show!!

pitstain

Established Member
Currently signed up people:

Pitstain
RIDE THE
SVTBeatdown13
Shehan
02BlackSVT
Stevs00SVT
BigMac
Vinnie (if his truck is ever finished)
Blown5point4
1HOTSVT
big john
crp diem01
jsnm
Lightningbob02

Jeeze, I'm gonna need a bigger truck to bring all the damn soda.... :)

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Your Girlfriend is planning it. Get off your high horse.

Did you see that Josh booked his hotel last night??? I guess he coudn't handle the pressure. :lol:

pitstain

Established Member
The GF is in charge of the hotel accomodations and contract....gotta give her something to do so she's not calling me at work all day.

LOL yeah, I saw you applied the right amount of peer pressure......and NO we can't shave his head when he falls asleep, it's already shaved.

Maybe write NOODLE on his forehead with SPF75 sunblock....al la police academy...:)

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I think that i might have another victim... I mean owner that might be interested in coming up.

I'll pass the info onto him.

pitstain

Established Member
Im def down. I pmed ya

PM replied, thanks Mike, it's gonna be good times !! And we need another sonic blue L besides Eric......:)

I think that i might have another victim... I mean owner that might be interested in coming up.

I'll pass the info onto him.

Sounds good bro :) I may need to increase our block of rooms at the Holiday Inn.

pitstain

Established Member

pitstain

Established Member
Currently signed up people:

Pitstain
RIDE THE
SVTBeatdown13
Shehan
02BlackSVT
Stevs00SVT
BigMac
Vinnie (if his truck is ever finished)
Blown5point4
1HOTSVT
big john
crp diem01
jsnm
Lightningbob02
HeadTurner00

Jeeze, I'm gonna need a bigger truck to bring all the damn soda.... :)

List updated !

this could be a good time. wanted to go last year but couldnt

Mike, YOU FRIGGIN HAVE TO COME !!! I SO DEMAND IT, SO IT BE DONE !!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

pitstain

Established Member
SOB! I will be in OC for that weekend. Im only about 40min away too. Maybe next time.

DAMMIT, I have wanted to check your truck out in person forever:bash:

At least you wont be there to show me up too bad, my truck don't tuck like your monster does.....:dancenana:

ecoastkid

Established Member
Looks like im gonna make it. My mom is getting total knee replacement surgury and that would be the only thing that holds us up..(she is gonna watch the kids) I'll know this week after she visits the doc.

on a side note, I'm gonna send it my reg for watkins tomorrow or monday..:-D

Users who are viewing this thread