calling for the pro's

mj8

Established Member
I am about to buy a PC with the Sonus pads and bonnets. What liquid products to I need to purchase from start to finish to keep my Black Snake looking good. I am new to this so when I searched I was still overwhelmed.

Thanks

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
I hope someone will make this a sticky...

Here's my recipe for black/red:

- Optimum Polish on a light cutting or polishing pad
- Clearkote RMG or Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba Blue on a polishing or finishing pad
- Poorboy's EX on a finish pad or by hand
- Poorboy's Natty's Blue by hand

and tada...you'll have a great shine for a reasonable price which will last for a reasonable period of time. That's my best bang for your buck combo for black/red.

mj8

Established Member
ok spree now that I have that down...what are my steps before it.

Wash - with what kinds of products(wash mit and soap)?
ClayBar- will anyone work?
Wash again?
Then start the process?
What kind of towels do I dry with?

Herb_Davis_Y2K

spree said:
I hope someone will make this a sticky...

Here's my recipe for black/red:

- Optimum Polish on a light cutting or polishing pad
- Clearkote RMG or Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba Blue on a polishing or finishing pad
- Poorboy's EX on a finish pad or by hand
- Poorboy's Natty's Blue by hand

and tada...you'll have a great shine for a reasonable price which will last for a reasonable period of time. That's my best bang for your buck combo for black/red.

What about DSG?

spree

Established Member
mj8 said:
ok spree now that I have that down...what are my steps before it.

Wash - with what kinds of products(wash mit and soap)?
ClayBar- will anyone work?
Wash again?
Then start the process?
What kind of towels do I dry with?

You can wash it with just about any reputable car wash soap. Just about anything will work as long as it doesn't strip wax and it suds up well. As for the mitt, use any quality microfiber or sheepskin mitt.

You will want to wash it, clay it (just about any clay bar will also work), and either wash it again or rinse off the soap residue from the clay bar, dry the car with waffle weave microfiber towels, then start off with the products. Use at least one or two MF towels to buff off each product.

mj8

Established Member
spree said:
You can wash it with just about any reputable car wash soap. Just about anything will work as long as it doesn't strip wax and it suds up well. As for the mitt, use any quality microfiber or sheepskin mitt.

You will want to wash it, clay it (just about any clay bar will also work), and either wash it again or rinse off the soap residue from the clay bar, dry the car with waffle weave microfiber towels, then start off with the products. Use at least one or two MF towels to buff off each product.

So you don't use the bonnets to remove the products? Who makes some good MF weave towels? What are the bonnets for?

Users who are viewing this thread