calling on the v6 fellas

schacher94gt

Established Member
hey guys on our local street forum there's a handful of gtp guys who believe in "11sfor2k" bc someone on a gp forum did it. Now one guys ran a 12.0X this past fall with spending right at 2k. After watching some vids and seeing some ponys on here run good times w. few mods it got me thinking whatd it take to get to 11s.

Im thinking it could be done for less than 2k w/ a few bolt ons, gears(4.10s+), exhaust and a shot. What you think? Any of you have some real good times out there?

thanks

dynasty_365

Established Member
Check out American muscle.com for a cheap build. Their v6 runs high 11's probably could run a little faster if they drop the cosmetic stuff they added and out some drag radials on it. They have a good build up on it and videos on YouTube

acrbill

Established Member
I bet you could get close with a gear, spray and slicks. Toss in a converter if its an auto.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My M6 '11 V6 with minor mods ran a 13.03. Here is the thread with the mods and the video.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-m6-na-11-3-7-mustang-ran-13-03-1-4-mile.html

I think with a 125 shot in good weather that my car would be very close to an 11 second 1/4 mile.

This would be a breakdown for the mods and the prices of what I would think would be the best way to get to a 11 second 1/4 mile.

3.73 gears: $200
CAI/Tune: $550
O/R X-pipe: $200
LCA: $100
ET Streets (bias ply): $400
N2O kit: $550

Total $2,000

schacher94gt

Established Member
z28th1s youre actually the reason i started this on my local thread bc of how impressive yours runs. I would think 4.10s, slicks, shot and a tune would get you there and under 2k

i say put a shot on it and go for it. id like to see what these things could do

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
z28th1s youre actually the reason i started this on my local thread bc of how impressive yours runs. I would think 4.10s, slicks, shot and a tune would get you there and under 2k

i say put a shot on it and go for it. id like to see what these things could do

Thanks for the props!! :beer:

I think the mods you listed would get you there, but I'm thinking with 4.10's and N2O that you would be shifting into 5th before the end of the 1/4 mile which will hurt ET (I know because I have that problem with my '11 GT). That is why I said 3.73's in my list.

I'm not thinking about N2O at this point. I just want to get that 12.90 something pass as my car sits. I'm probably going to do either midpipe or LT's/midpipe this spring.

schacher94gt

Established Member
Thanks for the props!! :beer:

I think the mods you listed would get you there, but I'm thinking with 4.10's and N2O that you would be shifting into 5th before the end of the 1/4 mile which will hurt ET (I know because I have that problem with my '11 GT). That is why I said 3.73's in my list.

I'm not thinking about N2O at this point. I just want to get that 12.90 something pass as my car sits. I'm probably going to do either midpipe or LT's/midpipe this spring.

No problem. I havent done enough research into these cars to know 4.10s will leave ya in 5th I was jus basing of the old "dont fear the gear":-D

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
No problem. I havent done enough research into these cars to know 4.10s will leave ya in 5th I was jus basing of the old "dont fear the gear":-D

No problem :beer:

In fact I looked at the RPM/MPH chart for the 3.73 gears on American Muscle's website and at 6,700 RPM's in 4th gear it shows the car would be running 110 MPH.

If you add 10 MPH to my best trap speed (106 + 10 = 116) then I would probably have to shift to 5th (which is still a 1:1 ratio) before the end of the track if I had N2O on the car. The car will still pull great in 5th gear it is just that you lose some ET with each gear shift.

Users who are viewing this thread