Calling Scott Hundley.....

TRBO VNM

thanks for chiming in Alan. I appreciate everything you have done and provided to the community. you should also be hearing from Scott soon as well.

TRBO VNM

ta2d1 said:
and i just got mine in the mail yesterday.. oh well

are you planning on getting a raptor? if so, he might take it back in exchange for one with the raptor mount. I don't know how far along Alan is on producing the final parts for the mount, but he might do something for you. email or PM him.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
ta2d1, don't sweat it. The raptor mount is going to be available to all SOS pillar owners dating back to the start. It's not too tough of an add-on, as Jason can hopefully attest.

And let me take this chance to say thanks to those of you in this group. A lot of pillars have gone to your part of the country, and I can comfortably say your region is the leading supporter of our new part.

Hopefully in the future you guys can continue to be part of new product developments and special offers like this one.

So, it is you guys who deserve my thanks. :thumbsup:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
cool, thats good too know, i was planning on getting the raptor eventually but not sure when probably closer to the end of the year. so if i can add it to the pod i have i'm just going to do that. thanks, and i can't wait to put this thing on.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
On a side note, anyone who wants Alan's A-pillar dual gauge pod with or without the raptor mount, I have worked out a MACA discount with him and Mike(Cobra330) had also been in contact with him as well. There is a discount code you can enter on his site when you order, which I have the code. might be making this a separate thread, but need to clear some things with the moderators first.
Wish I waited a few days to order! Perhaps a discount on the raptor adaptor instead :shrug: :-D

Just received my pillar in the mail today, and man is it sweet! Can't wait to install it!!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
damn alan, MACA is loaded with your pods... :thumbsup:

...And I'm grateful more than you could know. I wish my local guys (with some VERY notable exceptions that know who they are) would get behind us like you all have. My partner and I need to make a trip up your way for some event so I can shake a few hands and talk shop with a few of you. I should get some stickers printed up for one of your upcoming events. It would be awesome to see some of you flying my colors. :rockon:

Andrew, don't be bummed about missing the raptor mount release date; you'll be taken care of. Glad you like the part.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion (or Jason can start another thread), as I'm not a vendor here (yet). You guys know where to find me if you need something.

Later,

Alan :burnout:

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
alanw6 said:
...And I'm grateful more than you could know. I wish my local guys (with some VERY notable exceptions that know who they are) would get behind us like you all have. My partner and I need to make a trip up your way for some event so I can shake a few hands and talk shop with a few of you. I should get some stickers printed up for one of your upcoming events. It would be awesome to see some of you flying my colors. :rockon:

Andrew, don't be bummed about missing the raptor mount release date; you'll be taken care of. Glad you like the part.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion (or Jason can start another thread), as I'm not a vendor here (yet). You guys know where to find me if you need something.

Later,

Alan :burnout:

Alan....you really should get down here...for a visit during one of our GTG's! Be nice to see a fellow Cobra owner...who happens to have some nice gauge pods!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Alan....you really should get down here...for a visit during one of our GTG's! Be nice to see a fellow Cobra owner...who happens to have some nice gauge pods!

Perhaps a little "business trip" is in order sometime in the future. It would be fun, as I really enjoy meeting fellow mustang enthusiasts from all over. I recently attended the WFC 8 in St. Louis, and it was awesome to walk through the pits and car show and find a few of my "babies".

BTW, I'm actually not a Cobra owner at the moment. Just so you know, here's my toy:

front_quarter_view.jpg

But I do have some nice gauge pods in it!

radio_area.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
alanw6 said:
Perhaps a little "business trip" is in order sometime in the future. It would be fun, as I really enjoy meeting fellow mustang enthusiasts from all over. I recently attended the WFC 8 in St. Louis, and it was awesome to walk through the pits and car show and find a few of my "babies".

BTW, I'm actually not a Cobra owner at the moment. Just so you know, here's my toy:

front_quarter_view.jpg

But I do have some nice gauge pods in it!

radio_area.jpg

Business trip! Exactly! Just gotta get out in the field and check on things!

Very nice Stang! I had that coupe version in Burgundy as my first stang...and well minus 4 cylinders...Ma and Pa that was plenty of power for me at 16...oh well...I finally got what I want now!

Um...hmmm..what's that I see in pic 2...is that a preview of things to come?

Look forward to meeting you some time soon Alan!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Business trip! Exactly! Just gotta get out in the field and check on things!

Um...hmmm..what's that I see in pic 2...is that a preview of things to come?

Right. I'm learning about this write-off thing.. LOL

Pic 2 shows a few previews of things. The dash top pods for the fox (or any flat surface really) are a go. The bullets are my standard production pieces, and I have the mounting base at a vacuum former as I type this. Also, the raptor mount is my solution for where to put the thing in my car, and I liked the way it came out.

The radio dash kit is custom also, to allow a double-DIN setup.

Here's a few more pics (since I'm whoring up the thread anyway) of some of the other custom stuff my fox has:

Custom door panels for my MB Quart 6.5" components. Hand-laid fiberglass wrapped in heat-formable vinyl and dyed to match the stock door:

passenger_door_final.jpg

A little bit of tunes in the back:

trim_panel_with_smoked_plexi.jpg

And just so you 03/04 Cobra folks know that I understand a thing or two about positive manifold pressure...

engine.jpg

I'm doing the H/C/I swap this fall. I plan to use the BBK SSI intake, AFR heads, and a custom ground Comp cam. Should make things pretty exciting...

TRBO VNM

very nice Alan. I would say you should be running low 12's huh?

you will love it with the HCI. it will really open that bad boy up. I had a edelbrock intake, e303, twisted wedge stage 2 port heads. I also had an s-trim down in florida, but went to a t-trim when I moved up here.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
alanw6 said:
Right. I'm learning about this write-off thing.. LOL

Pic 2 shows a few previews of things. The dash top pods for the fox (or any flat surface really) are a go. The bullets are my standard production pieces, and I have the mounting base at a vacuum former as I type this. Also, the raptor mount is my solution for where to put the thing in my car, and I liked the way it came out.

The radio dash kit is custom also, to allow a double-DIN setup.

Here's a few more pics (since I'm whoring up the thread anyway) of some of the other custom stuff my fox has:

Custom door panels for my MB Quart 6.5" components. Hand-laid fiberglass wrapped in heat-formable vinyl and dyed to match the stock door:

passenger_door_final.jpg

A little bit of tunes in the back:

trim_panel_with_smoked_plexi.jpg

And just so you 03/04 Cobra folks know that I understand a thing or two about positive manifold pressure...

engine.jpg

I'm doing the H/C/I swap this fall. I plan to use the BBK SSI intake, AFR heads, and a custom ground Comp cam. Should make things pretty exciting...

Holy $hit! That thing will probably giddy up! Very nice! VERY VERY NICE on all accounts! I hope to see that some day...and maybe get a ride....guess those who pull up beside you and think I'll take him..get a big surprise when you hit the go pedal!

Nice previews! Look forward to the finished products!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Yea Jason, I'm excited about the HCI upgrade. All the other bolt-ons are in place or waiting for install. The BBK intake is still not shipping, and I have prepaid for one. I read the magazine tests and stew over the fact they have been delaying release for months and months, yet advertise all over the place.

Guess I shouldn't bitch too loud about that though, right? LOL

With a stock motor (pan to throttle body), the s-trim and full exhaust it put down 309/346. Not far off from what I thought. I fully expect mid 400s with the HCI, and that will be enough for me.

Low 12s? Not with me behind the wheel.... :shrug: But yes, it's got at least high 12s in it for now.

The fact that besides the wheels (now has 93 cobra wheels on it as of last week), it looks pretty stock makes for some interesting encounters. I like the Z-28s that always feel I"m easy prey. The Bassani exhaust is pretty mellow until the pedal hits the carpet, and then the looks are usually quite memorable as I pull away.

I know my place among all of my 500-600-700 hp terminator buddies though.

Users who are viewing this thread