cam degreeing?!?!?!?!

mizfitjon

Established Member
Ive been reading on how to degree a 4v modular. Seems there is multiple slightly different versions out there. Which methods are you guys using and liking? Which is easiest? Certain ways require certain tools, where are you getting the tools needed? And lastly has anyone done a good write up on this? Ive just been reading the one from SHM. But ive bought the adjustable crank gears from MMR so would have to change it a bit. Basically im wondering where to get the solid adjuster and SHM uses a postive-stop tool.

mizfitjon

Established Member
just ordered there deluxe cam timing kit. Ive already got a degree wheel and dial indicator. So hopefully im all set.

bubblehead93

Established Member
On my mobile, i can post later tonight. Our crank snout is the same as a SBC, so you can use a timing wheel/crank indexing tool from compcams etc. Degreed my cams this past winter, I can send you more if you want with respect to stock 03-04 cam specs - alot of bad data out there. Just pm me.

mizfitjon

Established Member
well im using "c" heads on a teksid block, but im also using GT cams. So whats the spec you would want for the GT cams?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I have 114* IC and 114* EC for the GT cams (same as the 03-04 Cobra). This is from a cam chart saved from Modular Fords.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have 114* IC and 114* EC for the GT cams (same as the 03-04 Cobra). This is from a cam chart saved from Modular Fords.

That is what ford timed the cams at. Advancing the cams will give you a little more power. I was told by john mihovitz "It's not when the cams open that's important, it's when they close so you don't lose you boost thru the valve overlap". I was told that my cams (97 cobra cams) would work better at 108 lc but it's not worth removing the engine to do it unless it's coming out for another reason.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
108 lc ? I'm still trying to understand is that just the intake cams alone and the exhaust cam straight up or what?

Users who are viewing this thread