Cam, Heads, small shot of Nos Lt1, vs TT 04 cobra vert

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
my cobra is a Twin turbo hp twin 57mm kit, on 9-10 lbs, tuned, making in the 515-560 range. 1st race was the best race we were pretty even up intil the boost kicked in, 2nd race I missed third still was able to beat him past 90 mph, I have both on video, just waiting for slow ass Utube to finish loading. The camaro was also a vert, roll cage, cam, heads, Nos. had front runners on his car, cragars IU believe, only weight reduction I have is tubular K-member, A-arms, coilovers, on a heavy vert.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Here is one of the videos, of the 2nd time we raced, which isnt the best, the first race, was much better. I honestly think since my turbos spool up so quick that from a 25-30 roll, or even a dig I would be much faster, I know that sounds strange being turbos and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzsxQ991fHI

I believe you, properly sized twins, can launch just as well as a Twin screw or eaton, it's all about the setup.

Nice Car!!

JWC

Established Member
Good kill. I beleive you about the turbo as Tampa03cobra said it all about the turbo set ups. I have a 03 Cobra and a TT Porsche and have recently replaced the turbo's on the Porsche with hybrid's the spool time has been cut in half. Turbos are more complex than just replacing a pulley as I do on my Kenne Bell Cobra. But when you get the correct mix of exhaust and air impellers they are awsome. I like the way you FLEW by him in the second race.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Second race vid is more fun to watch. Is funny how he launched on you, then you caught him, then you missed your shift, then when you finally got it in gear you blew by him. Funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread