Cam only SS vs pullied Cobra's

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
my first post on this site...here we go.

two local friends of mine have 03 terminators. One is pullied that put down 465rwhp the other is pullied/ported blower and put down 480rwhp.

my car is a 01 camaro SS. MS3 cam ,Hooker long tubes, Pacesetter off road Y pipe, Stock SLP Catback, factory SLP intake, stock intake manifold, stock 241 heads, stock 3.42 10 bolt on street tires.

first video is from a 60 roll. Thats what the Cobra's wanted. Cobra in the middle (red) is the pullied/ported one. He was on shot MT Drag radials and was having traction issues.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNMx5HQiZ8&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - 01 ss vs 03 cobra vs 03 cobra[/ame]

second race was from a 40 roll. I missed 4th (dont ask how, I NEVER miss gears either) Video car is a 11 second stage 3 S4. Cobra is on the other side of my car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7uByakOkI&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - 03 cobra vs 01 ss vs apr stg3 s4[/ame]

Last edited:

wlg101190

Established Member
If a port/pulley Cobra is losing to a cam only 01 SS, then there is something wrong... Also, a Cobra putting 465whp should also pull on you a little if you are making 412whp. Great looking Camaro though, sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
If a port/pulley Cobra is losing to a cam only 01 SS, then there is something wrong... Also, a Cobra putting 465whp should also pull on you a little if you are making 412whp. Great looking Camaro though, sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

like I said, the ported CObra was having traction issues on worn on MT Drag radials. His tires after our runs looked like someone took a grinder to them...they were all chopped up and shit.

Not sure if your familier with Texas Speed MS cams but heres my cam stats...

237/242, .603"/.609 " 112 LSA

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOaax_AhUnc&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - 01 Camaro SS Dyno[/ame]

wlg101190

Established Member
Ah, I got 'ya on the tires. As stated before, mean sounding Camaro! I remember you from another forum owning the shit out of some punk in his 'for sale' thread. :lol:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Ah, I got 'ya on the tires. As stated before, mean sounding Camaro! I remember you from another forum owning the shit out of some punk in his 'for sale' thread. :lol:

which forum?? lol. Im on a shitload of forums.

thanks for the compliments. I need to get a good idle video of my car this one with my shitty camera isnt cutting it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBXnfYsTls"]YouTube - SS Idle[/ame]

99redls1

Established Member
Nice runs. Your cars rolls out for cam only. Who tuned it and what do you take it to rpm wise?

F8l Vnm

Established Member
good runs as always anything can happen on the streets.
You do have to admit though a port/pulley cobra should be able to put atleast 2-3 cars on you from a high speed roll so something dosent add up.
Either way your SS looks swesome..

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Nice runs. Your cars rolls out for cam only. Who tuned it and what do you take it to rpm wise?

Charles (owner) of sick speed Performance (SSP) did my cam install/ valvetrain/ high pressure oil pump and then threw it on the dyno for tuning. Located in Florida NY

as far as RPM wise, I take it to 6800rpm, but it will go to 7k without a problem. I just havent seen any benefit from that extra 200rpms.

Also, before my cam with Just Intake and full exhaust my car put down 351rwhp, 355rwtq....so it was a strong runner to begin with.

Picture-1.jpg

heres two quick pic's...

20090707img9184.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne64SS

Established Member
his car runs really good! Smokin you just need to get some real tires and then we can see what that thing will do at the track!

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
his car runs really good! Smokin you just need to get some real tires and then we can see what that thing will do at the track!

we will see how she does next season at the track! I dont think im going to make it back there in time since my cars going back to the shop sometime in october for some gears and a updated tune.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Smokin, you are an asshole :lol:

You should race Jeff's car when its out again..LOL

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Smokin, you are an asshole :lol:

You should race Jeff's car when its out again..LOL

um **** you lol

I was over there the other day. He was driving it around a few days ago on the stock fuel system just trying to see if he had any oil leaks and stuff...then he parked it and is putting the fuel shit on. That car will be done and ready to roll within the next few weeks. Whenever his Tuner can fit him in

that things going to be a death wish lol I cant WAIT to see it eat some local Zr1's for lunch.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
um **** you lol

I was over there the other day. He was driving it around a few days ago on the stock fuel system just trying to see if he had any oil leaks and stuff...then he parked it and is putting the fuel shit on. That car will be done and ready to roll within the next few weeks. Whenever his Tuner can fit him in

that things going to be a death wish lol I cant WAIT to see it eat some local Zr1's for lunch.

Jeff should roll out on Tony's ZR1 pretty damn hard! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread