Cam & Roller Rockers ideas, please help!

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
I need a little help. I am thinking of upgrading to Crane roller rockers, same as the 93 Cobras, and a 1987 5.0L speed density cam. I have heard good results from this set up in NLOC but I recently heard different from a buddy of mine saying that the Lightning cam is better. Also, he is advising I need to upgrade to Mass Air system for any mods such as heads or a S/C such as a Kenne Bell. I know I need a Mass Air system but they are hard to find and very pricey. Need some advide and help on this set up.....please!!!! :bash:

Frustrated!
Arod

Blue OVal Forev

arods93snake said:
I need a little help. I am thinking of upgrading to Crane roller rockers, same as the 93 Cobras, and a 1987 5.0L speed density cam. I have heard good results from this set up in NLOC but I recently heard different from a buddy of mine saying that the Lightning cam is better. Also, he is advising I need to upgrade to Mass Air system for any mods such as heads or a S/C such as a Kenne Bell. I know I need a Mass Air system but they are hard to find and very pricey. Need some advide and help on this set up.....please!!!! :bash:

Frustrated!
Arod

Well ffrom the sounds of reading between the line's your buddy must be a mustang guy. Well first off the 5.0 hyd. roller cam is a nice upgrade for a lightning and with the cobra RR make's it even better.The lightning cam was designed for marine use and it is a hyd. flat tappet. Mass air is a very much disscused subject on the NLOC you will get mixed revues on the subject. I fro one do not like it and will stay S/D I have been mid 12's in my truck and am in the process of doing some more mods and looking to go mid 11's and i will still be S/D. you can do alot of unnig with a Tweecer on a Lightning. Just go to the NLOC you will see there are some real fats trucks that are still S/D and that ared driver Daily.

Bobby

Matt95L

Established Member
Yup good advise do the cam/RR swap and get a twEECer to tune it with.You do not need to convert to mass air to use bigger heads or a KB blower.

smilinjack

Established Member
So your saying a 97 5.0 roller cam with the 93 cobra roller rockers is the combo? Is that also a good combo with a shot of Nitrous?? S/C ?? With the Tweecer of course.. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread