Camaro SS Terminated

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
Start out, always liked performance cars that is why I bought myself a 04/Cobra. Best bang for the dollar with alot of hidden ponies waiting to be corraled. My girl and I cruise a hot strip in town looking to play with any takers now and then all in fun. Last night out of the blue comes a black Camaro SS sounds nice he pulls along side. I slide down the passenger window "nice car" who long ya had it all the regular questions. Meanwhile he's reving smilin I am doin the same. Short story one dig from a roll 10-15mph , hard time for both of us to stop wheels from spinning, Cobra by three cars before its time to shut down, I just shifted to third. Next from a dig, I always feel sorry for those people behind me that eat all that pavement and smoke I noticed this looking in my mirror as I was hitting second and he was five six cars behind. Last light he looked concerned to say the least same result only this time he pulled of to the side of the road I am thinking some of his parts are not working or he is going to beat the shit out of his car, don't know? I turned around to see if he needed help but he was gone. Now he said it was a 2000 LS1 375hp at the wheels? My Cobra K&N with Magna Flows system and 30,000 miles and second set of tires since Sept./04 guess around 420hp? Anyways love the the racing rush my girl says I will have to learn to keep my tongue in my mouth. Ya, I must look stupid tongue haggin out waiting for the light to change to release the horses. Have a good one!

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
if he really had 375rwhp it would have been closer...but he'd have to have a cam or something not "bolt on" to get there...He could definitely have 375bhp, but 375rwhp is doubtful

SVTSNK2004

Banned
Good Kill, I tattooed an Evo an few days ago, kick the crap out of it. Driver of the EVO would not give up. Total of (5) runs. Driver was fresh off of the boat and keep coming of with excuses. Missed 1st gear, Light was not green, went on the second honk. Even if I did go on the second honk, It was not even a race with the car lengths I put on him. One of those that had all of the stickers on the windows and bumper and came up to me and rev. Thought I would share with you, If I posted this all of them would come out of the wood work and FLAMEEEEE.

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

Another good LS1 kill.

I would place a wager that car for car, stock for stock, modded for modded, that there are just more Cobras that plaster LS1's than visa versa.

I will admit there are hella fast LS1's out there, ya just don't run into them very often. Most of 'em seem lightly modded, and with any mods to your Terminator at all, ya just kill em, and ya just don't see unmodded Cobras very often. :rockon:

00formls1

Raspy
Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
if he really had 375rwhp it would have been closer...but he'd have to have a cam or something not "bolt on" to get there...He could definitely have 375bhp, but 375rwhp is doubtful

There are quite a few ls1 that have that number with out a cam, almost all are 6 speeds, i dynoed untuned at 348.6hp and 369.9tq with a automatic and there are still a couple of bolt-ons i can do. as for the cobra haveing 420 with k&n and flowmaster, may be more around 380, flowmasters are mostly for sound. that SS was probly stock ar a horrible driver if he had 375rwhp anyway good kill. :thumbsup:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Two mistaken assumptions...

00formls1 said:
as for the cobra haveing 420 with k&n and flowmaster, may be more around 380, flowmasters are mostly for sound.
My sig numbers are stock with 10" open cone filter and Flowmaster 17248 catback. Dyno'd at 5,600 miles on a steamy, drizzly May day in South Texas (STD was 403.X). Stock tune, A/F went down to 10.1 and lower (off the scale) from 5,500 RPM to redline. I guarantee, with 13,000 miles now, it's even stronger than that. Maybe not 420RWHP, but damn close.

If you saw a stock catback off the car, you would see that ANY replacement would be a huge improvement over the kinks, bends and neck-down nature of the OEM parts. While I would generally agree with your Flowmaster assessment for the pre-03 Mustangs, you cannot carry that over to the newer supercharged Cobras...

BTW, the Flowmaster catback is advertised as a 2-1/2" design, but measures right at 2-3/4"...and the sound is perfect for my taste.

00formls1

Raspy
Established Member
those are some goos numbers, i guess i didn't read the first post right because i thought it was just a muffler, but its he doesn't even have flowmasters its a magnaflow, i still think those number are a little high for just cat-back but am not really a cobra guy so you would probly now more about that since u own one,
its probly cause the FI that y ou guys gain make insane power with just basic mods.

jk03cobra

Established Member
00formls1 said:
those are some goos numbers, i guess i didn't read the first post right because i thought it was just a muffler, but its he doesn't even have flowmasters its a magnaflow, i still think those number are a little high for just cat-back but am not really a cobra guy so you would probly now more about that since u own one,
its probly cause the FI that y ou guys gain make insane power with just basic mods.

I was just at a SVT dyno day yesterday in 90 deg heat and humidity. There were several 03/04 cobras there with only K & N and cat back for mods. Every single one of them put down a minimum of 405 HP. I was very impressed. These cars are animals. :rockon:

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
jk03cobra said:
I was just at a SVT dyno day yesterday in 90 deg heat and humidity. There were several 03/04 cobras there with only K & N and cat back for mods. Every single one of them put down a minimum of 405 HP. I was very impressed. These cars are animals. :rockon:

Yes sorry, I should of been more clear Magnaflow with catback system. The pony power is a guess waiting for a dyno day. Yes this car is a beast lots of strong horses. I will be doing pulleys and program along with lowering and couple mild suspension mods for this year. Love the street race but I am alot more carefull then my younger days but always willing to go at the right time and place just for grins :D

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Nice kill on the ls1 esp. considering you are fairly stock. After I had the x/or and catback, k&n, I went with another set of stock rims and some drs. cause the f1's were worn and they weren't the best for traction. Safer and better imo course I don't do rain. Do the pulley and tune etc. you will be looking at 45 mph 2nd gear sideways stuff on stock like tires when cooler out, maybe 3rd gear when you powershift it.

Users who are viewing this thread