Camaro VS Challanger ( it's getting hot in there )

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
Do you think the new camaros will rattle themselves apart like the old ones???
:-D :D :poke: :thumbsup: Just thought that I would stir the pot a little and maybe get this thread a rollin.

slow02GT

pge27 said:
:-D :D :poke: :thumbsup: Just thought that I would stir the pot a little and maybe get this thread a rollin.

I dunno but a fox body stang I had once rattled itself apart and felt like a tin can at 176k miles:D

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Badass, glad to see the competition is coming back but didnt anybody catch in the senond link that the chevy truck is passing a Ford Dealership LOL
Camaro_Dream_Cruising_Woodward_Avenue_Top.jpg

redline360

Established Member
Although the Challenger looks better as of right now. Im still gonna have to go with the camaro. Doesnt the challenger weigh in at like 4100+.

No thank you. Camaro will be hundreds of pounds lighter

UCBeau

i think both look worlds better than the stang. congrats to dodge and chebby for getting their act together.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They will be discontinued again when no one buys them, 2012 will be the death of them.

jleews6

Established Member
pge27 said:

I must have got lucky. I have owned two LS1 F bodys , an 01 ws6 and an 02SS and both cars have not had one rattle. My 03 cobra on the other hand had a rattle under the dash that drove me crazy.

:-D Just fighting back.:lol:

redline360

Established Member
Chevy sucks!!! All the camaros ive ownd rattled, well not alot but they seemed to be the annoying spots. The pontiac on the other had 122k miles and going strong with 0 rattles(besided the spare tire/jack that i stripped the threads on like a douchebag, but i got something to hold em in place)

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
redline360 said:
No thank you. Camaro will be hundreds of pounds lighter
Thats not what everyone has been saying about it. As of now the reports were leaning towards being heavier than the mustang. I wouldn't doubt it either with all the new safety standards they have to meet.

281cisohc

Established Member
Ford MUST do Something to keep up here ....the chevy and dodge will most likley have 6.0L or more and stock pushing 390 at least ...When will Ford step up and put That 5.0 Cammer motor and push 380@7000rpm ...PLease?

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
redline360 said:
Chevy sucks!!! All the camaros ive ownd rattled, well not alot but they seemed to be the annoying spots. The pontiac on the other had 122k miles and going strong with 0 rattles(besided the spare tire/jack that i stripped the threads on like a douchebag, but i got something to hold em in place)

ummm the firebird and camaro were both built in the same assembly plant from 82' on..... so that makes no sense

sick408dakr/t

Established Member
Challenger is going to weigh even more than the gt500 :eek: The Camaro will be quite a bit less and w/ that comes a better power-weight! As far as looks, it's the Challenger all the way. But neither will compete w/ the GT500, PERIOD. The Camaro will have the LS2 and the Challenger will have the 6.1 - BIG DEAL! Until either have 500HP+ for around $41,920 like the GT, come back when you can run w/ that!

redline360

Established Member
96redvette said:
ummm the firebird and camaro were both built in the same assembly plant from 82' on..... so that makes no sense

It was a joke:thumbsup:

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
sick408dakr/t said:
Challenger is going to weigh even more than the gt500 :eek: The Camaro will be quite a bit less and w/ that comes a better power-weight! As far as looks, it's the Challenger all the way. But neither will compete w/ the GT500, PERIOD. The Camaro will have the LS2 and the Challenger will have the 6.1 - BIG DEAL! Until either have 500HP+ for around $41,920 like the GT, come back when you can run w/ that!
:shrug: You cant be serious? Judging from the few dyno vids I've seen the shelby isn't doing so well and its a pig, so unless something changes the GT 500 could be the next Ford GT, losing to cars that cost half as much because of the wieght difference. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the shelby cost more than that?

btecdude

Established Member
Prey4Me said:
:shrug: You cant be serious? Judging from the few dyno vids I've seen the shelby isn't doing so well and its a pig, so unless something changes the GT 500 could be the next Ford GT, losing to cars that cost half as much because of the wieght difference. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the shelby cost more than that?
idont know what youve been looking at but so far ive seen to gt500s make 440+ to the wheels and they look much better in person. other then how heavy they are i like everything about them.

Users who are viewing this thread