Camaro Z28 vs 96-98 Cobra

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Well i just got done my lunch break, i was gettin ready to turn into the ER for another 5 hours , but at the traffic light this yellow ford explorer truck pulls up next to me, i didnt really pay any attention and just started driving normal when he burns rubber and blasts it, he had a million and 1 stickers and some performance store decal on it:rollseyes ....i pulled several buslengths on his 17 second ride then slow down to make a right into the hospital parking lot when he goes blasting by and turns his flashers on . So i give chase, the light infront of us turns red but he goes thru it after it beign red for about 5 seconds:fm: . I noticed a red cobra at the light accross from me but didnt give it any thought. So my light turned green and i go up to make a U turn to try to come back to the hospital and there is the cobra still sitting there, so i get next to him instead of goign back to work, and when the light turned green i let it rip :burnout: and i soon felt dumb because i thought he wasnt racing, so i let off the gas and next thing i know hes side by side with me pulling away , so i floored it again and got 2 cars infront of him before the lane ended. So here i am already late for work, driving down a 1 lane road with a cobra up my a$$ lol, and we get to this 1/2 miles straight away before a major turn, so he gets next to me because the road widened to 2 lanes again, and we went from a 40 roll or so, and it was sad, normally my A4 doesnt stand up too good to Manuals from rolls, but i pulled no less than 3 cars on him by 90???? Then i brake and he goes flying past me and does a 180 on the sharp turn. So i was finally behind him for a change and i got to hear his nice sounding exhaust:rockon: , i figured he woudl try to run me again because he kept downshifting to show off his exhaust might but nothing else hapened, and i turned my car around to be 20 mins late to work....all because of the explorer:coolman:

Last edited:

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention i got to ride around in a co workers 01 Cobra with bassani x pipe and flows and some kind of CAI, very very fun:) about 30 mins before all this happend.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i'm kinda skeptical about this race; especially since you have an automatic. The few stock displacement LT1s I've raced have been nose to nose races. Even when I was bone stock.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
i'm kinda skeptical about this race; especially since you have an automatic. The few stock displacement LT1s I've raced have been nose to nose races. Even when I was bone stock.

Well you have a good reason to be skeptical because i made the whole thing up, just to sound cool on an online forum :rollseyes

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
This was my first cobra race, normally i have bad luck with rolls in my A4, i raced an SVT focus with minimal mods and it was just about as fast as this cobra was.. i dont get it. Althought i devistated the focus from a dig, i dont get good jumps on rolls.

If you want to have something even harder to belive, i have raced two different C5's from 45 rolls and kept side by side till we stopped racing a 110:shrug:

Last edited:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
That is so wierd I mean I usually don't have trouble with near stock lt1's especially auto's. Guy must have had no skills

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
UM LETS SEE 96-98 HAVE 2 SCOOPS 1 ON EACH SIDE OF THE HOOD... THE TAIL LIGHTS ARE HORIZONTAL 3 RED LENSES INSTEAD OF STRAIGHT. THE REAR BUMPER SAYS COBRA... 94-95 SAY MUSTANG. IF IT WAS STOCK AS I BET IT WAS THE WHEELS ON A 96-97 HAVE BLACK PAINTED ON THE INSIDES. 94- 95 DONT AND 98 COBRAS HAVE A 5 SPOKE LIKE A COBRA R. TAIL PIPES ARE 2. 1/25 ON A 94-95 2 1/2 ON A 96-98... FROM THE OUTSIDES THAT JUST ABOUT COVERS IT.... OH YEAH 94-95 SPOILERS HAVE A LED LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM 96-98 DONT.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Thanks for all your info, the rear bumper did say cobra, and i do belive it had the nice looking hood scoops in my rear view when he was up my a$$ from my first move. I do belive it was a 96-98.

I have had more freaky races then that.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk98Cobra
thats kinda weird hearing thats a 96-98.......ive put a spankin on my friends 94 z28 A4......guy couldnt drive probably, nice kill nonetheless:)

Guy probably coudld not drive, i mean how hard is it though to go from a roll in a manual? he might have had to shift once?

But yeah i had another guy in the car, with my crappy gearing and extra 100lbs because its a vert, somethings fishy...who knows. I really would love to get my a$$ kicked by my co workers 01

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Camaroguy22
Guy probably coudld not drive, i mean how hard is it though to go from a roll in a manual? he might have had to shift once?
High revving DOHC motors require alot more than a good shift to run well... Wrong gear and wrong RPM = slug-like performance out of stock 96 - 98 Cobras.

/former stock '98 Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra coupe owner. ;-)

I never lost to an LT1/auto/2.73 car, in the three years I had the '98, and I met my fair share...

Having said all that, good kill. Anything can happen on the street :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread