Camber issue. please help

Stupercharged

Established Member
recently replace my steering rack cuz it was leaking and got a new alignment with the new one. my front alignment settings are good but my rear camber is totally out of wack. the left rear is set to -.3 and the right rear is -1.2?! WTF! i asked the guy when he gave me my papers that showed what the alignment was set at wtf was up with that and he said the rear was non adjustabe for camber or maybe just a little bit. so i called the dealer to verify and they said the rear was non adjustable and i asked what wld make the rear almost a full degree off? they said something was probably bent but the vehicle has never been in an accident so they something like curbing it or hitting a pot hole and i said ive never done either. they said itd cost me 1 hour of diag time which is like $100 bucks so i said f*** that. im wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has had their rear alignment off by this much? any suggestions?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Find a new alignment shop, and never go to that dealership again. The rear has camber and toe adjustability, just like the front.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Find a new alignment shop, and never go to that dealership again. The rear has camber and toe adjustability, just like the front.

+1
After i lowered mine you could really see the wheels/tires leaning.I had my rear aligned to factory specs.

Stupercharged

Established Member
thanks guys. i was sure there was some adjustability being an irs setup and not a sra. i had never heard of non adjustable rear camber thats why i was like wtf! so thanks for the input ill call around and try to find a reputable shop now or at least someone who knows the my rear camber is adjustable would be a great start!

exdeath

Established Member
IRS camber adjusted via the upper control arm eccentric bolt at the knuckle. IRS toe adjusted via the toe link bars.

Find a shop that specializes in alignment and custom suspension work and not just the tire shop attached to the supermarket.

Stupercharged

Established Member
thanks it was the same shop that did my rack and pinion and that was fine and the front alignment was great they just tried to bs me about this and it didnt sound right but i didnt wana call him out and be a d*ck without being %100 sure. you never know with some cars there is always some weird thing going on that every car ever made has had but this one doesnt so i was just checking! thanks for the help guys!

exdeath

Established Member
thanks it was the same shop that did my rack and pinion and that was fine and the front alignment was great they just tried to bs me about this and it didnt sound right but i didnt wana call him out and be a d*ck without being %100 sure. you never know with some cars there is always some weird thing going on that every car ever made has had but this one doesnt so i was just checking! thanks for the help guys!

It's possible they didn't even look and just assumed it had a solid axle like any Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread