Camber Plates? opinions

snakebite72

Established Member
Hey Guys... I am in the market for some C/C plates, I have seen a few brands and prices but leaning towards Steeda or Maximum Motorsports, the Steeda seems to be very well engineered also I am trying to keep the road noise down to a minimum, let me hear your opinions and experiences...

Griever423

Established Member
Hey Guys... I am in the market for some C/C plates, I have seen a few brands and prices but leaning towards Steeda or Maximum Motorsports, the Steeda seems to be very well engineered also I am trying to keep the road noise down to a minimum, let me hear your opinions and experiences...

What do you plan on using the car for? The steeda plates are fixed and you will only get about +,-1 degree of camber out of them. The MM plates will be much more adjustable.

If you're just lowering the car then the Steeda's will be more than enough to get your alignment back into spec. If you plan on tracking the car extensively then I'd get a more adjustable set of plates like the MM's or Vorshlag.

DTL

Established Member
Vorshlag's stuff is always very nice. I haven't seen their Mustang plates in person, but I have seen some of their offerings for other makes and they're top notch.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the MM plates and like most of there stuff, it's very well made. A little more NVH than the stock mounts, but that goes with the territory. I only have it aligned for street driving atm, but there is still considerable room for additional camber adjustment.

VMC

Established Member
I opted for the Steeda plates just to get the alignment to spec after lowering. No increase in NVH..no complaints. They get the job done, but are at the max adjustment with Steeda's ultralite springs. Price was the selling point for me.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Can't go wrong with Vorshlag or Maximum Motorsports. Steeda is probably fine if you are just using your car on the street.

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
I have the '10 and older Steeda street adjustable mounts. Running -1.5° of camber without any abnormal tire wear. No additional NVH or anything negative. They require '10 and older style struts and the spring isolators from a set of '10 and older gt500 mounts. They have around 2° of camber adjustment and just a little amount of caster adjustment.

BTW Most of the aftermarket struts use the older style strut, so it is worth changing over your strut plates IMO. Koni yellows FTW.

Last edited:

racermatt

Established Member
VMC and GabeMarlin glad you are happy with them.

As for our mounts just being for "Street" , I can tell you we have plenty of racers that run our mounts with great success.

snakebite72 let me know if I can get you a set.

snakebite72

Established Member
so let me get this straight... if i go with the Steeda's i would need 2010 struts? i just installed some Steeda Spiders 20x11 rears and 20x9.5 fronts and i am lowering the car 1 inch 98% Street driving...

Last edited:

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
so let me get this straight... if i go with the Steeda's i would need 2010 struts?

I don't know, will you?
smug.gif

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports is all you need, no additional mods required. Ive had them on 3 mustangs now and every car has been a breeze to dial in.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The same MM plates will work with either the 2005-2010 or 2011+ struts. They include a small spacer to accomodate the early/shorter stuts. I haven't heard of any benefit for either strut design, just whatever you can get ahold of.

Not sure which struts the Steeda mounts work with.

snakebite72

Established Member
Steeda needs early style struts so i made up my mind with MM plates... Thanks for the info guys.

Users who are viewing this thread