Came across this today..

RSKtakR

Established Member
Springtime in Michigan: 2016 Ford Mustang GT350s, GT350Rs Come Out to Play

Here in Michigan, the first throes of spring are poking their way through the depressing gray cloak that covers the state during the winter. It got up to nearly 50 degrees the other day, which practically had locals jumping about in their swimsuits, but it prompted something altogether better, too: Ford apparently thinks the weather’s good enough for its high-performance Mustang Shelby GT350 and GT350R prototypes to begin frolicking about on summer tires. What does this mean for you? Well, unless you work for Ford, these likely are the first non-blue-and-white GT350s you’ve seen.
Like so many spring flowers, our spy photographer managed to capture a veritable rainbow coalition of multi-colored Shelby GT350s and GT350Rs out testing in the Detroit area. There’s a yellow-and-black GT350, a silver GT350R with black wheels and white stripes, as well as a dark-gray GT350R with black wheels.
Ford has yet to officially release the GT350’s full color palette, but a leaked order guide for the car indicates that the yellow pictured here will be an optional hue, while the normal color spread will include Competition Orange, Avalanche Gray, Shadow Black, Deep Impact Blue, Race Red, and Oxford White. A host of stripe packages will be available, too. We’ll know for sure what those rides look like soon—both the GT350 and the GT350R should be out by year’s end.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-g...ord-mustang-gt350s-gt350rs-come-out-to-play#6

R1Jester

Very Nice! First time poster here but I have some insight giving these pictures and everyone wanting to know "when?!"

The yellow car has a TT tag on it. Using my Ford decoder ring, the TT phase should be done by June of this year. PP phase done by August.

So barring any setbacks I see Job 1 as late September/ early October.. which would mean cars at dealerships by November!

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Very Nice! First time poster here but I have some insight giving these pictures and everyone wanting to know "when?!"

The yellow car has a TT tag on it. Using my Ford decoder ring, the TT phase should be done by June of this year. PP phase done by August.

So barring any setbacks I see Job 1 as late September/ early October.. which would mean cars at dealerships by November!

Just in time for me to store it. I'll take delivery from a delivery truck strait to under a cover.:shrug:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
350r is all the things sexy and proper. I'm thinking one of those with a nice tasteful aftermarket sound system, and some corbeaus (add 30lbs of sound/display, take away 50lbs of seats; (52lbs recarro's vs 26lbs corbeau's) will be a great all around barn stormer with enough amenities for enjoyable cruising, windows down of course. (Or option in the ac)

Throw on an equal length exhaust, high flow inlet, and tune that the performance engineers building the voodoo likely wish they could run if the EPA/OEM standards/ et al weren't mandatory metrics to have to comply to, and a 625hp 3500lbs track star seems to be the resultant recipe. Epic.

I bet the chassis engineers wish they could run delrin/tubular and all the race track toys. God the car would simply rally on a circuit with some of these things. It will be phenomenal stock, but it's just begging to have the regulated stuff pulled off for track day-we don't care about trees or nvh- good old fun.

I'd imagine the performance engineers at ford/Chevy/dodge et al get tired of people thinking/lamenting/discrediting them as if they don't know about these things.

I think it's incredible that the engineers find a way to get as much performance out of these factory high performance models like z28's, z06's, hellcats, gt500's and gt350's as they do with all the EPA, OEM, etc hurdles and limits. Chevy now gets 1.16g's out of the z06-without super stiff bushings... It's just getting crazy. Dodge gets 707hp with a warrenty that passed durability testing that would render even a stout engine builder a failure. The gt500 was doing 200mph for $55k.

The gt350r is set to run 11.9's, 1g+, 180mph+, over 70+ through the slalom, the ring in about 7:35 or so, and on and on all with rubber bushings, unequal length headers, and emissions compliant exhaust, egr, on and on. Imagine what fords performance engineers could do given free rein and a $75k sticker price cap, no regulations, just build the track car to end all track cars discussions. I'm impressed they get so much out of these cars with eom restrictions.

I bet the s550 track packages like factory ford gt3 and pro stock cars are going to be phenomenal. I'm excited to see lemans spec and cobra jet offerings.

I guess I can only end that tirade rant with... AMERICA.

mike.s

Established Member
on the non r model cars, the yellow has a really small spoiler and the grey has a larger one. im guessing the difference is a track pack car vs non track pack car?

Lemers

Established Member
I believe the discussion on the spoiler sizes for the Non R model came as a change from testing. One was an earlier preproduction than the other TT vs PP serial numbers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
350r is all the things sexy and proper. I'm thinking one of those with a nice tasteful aftermarket sound system, and some corbeaus (add 30lbs of sound/display, take away 50lbs of seats; (52lbs recarro's vs 26lbs corbeau's) will be a great all around barn stormer with enough amenities for enjoyable cruising, windows down of course. (Or option in the ac)

Throw on an equal length exhaust, high flow inlet, and tune that the performance engineers building the voodoo likely wish they could run if the EPA/OEM standards/ et al weren't mandatory metrics to have to comply to, and a 625hp 3500lbs track star seems to be the resultant recipe. Epic.

I bet the chassis engineers wish they could run delrin/tubular and all the race track toys. God the car would simply rally on a circuit with some of these things. It will be phenomenal stock, but it's just begging to have the regulated stuff pulled off for track day-we don't care about trees or nvh- good old fun.

I'd imagine the performance engineers at ford/Chevy/dodge et al get tired of people thinking/lamenting/discrediting them as if they don't know about these things.

I think it's incredible that the engineers find a way to get as much performance out of these factory high performance models like z28's, z06's, hellcats, gt500's and gt350's as they do with all the EPA, OEM, etc hurdles and limits. Chevy now gets 1.16g's out of the z06-without super stiff bushings... It's just getting crazy. Dodge gets 707hp with a warrenty that passed durability testing that would render even a stout engine builder a failure. The gt500 was doing 200mph for $55k.

The gt350r is set to run 11.9's, 1g+, 180mph+, over 70+ through the slalom, the ring in about 7:35 or so, and on and on all with rubber bushings, unequal length headers, and emissions compliant exhaust, egr, on and on. Imagine what fords performance engineers could do given free rein and a $75k sticker price cap, no regulations, just build the track car to end all track cars discussions. I'm impressed they get so much out of these cars with eom restrictions.

I bet the s550 track packages like factory ford gt3 and pro stock cars are going to be phenomenal. I'm excited to see lemans spec and cobra jet offerings.

I love this post.

mike.s

Established Member
not a fan of the tiny spoiler on the yellow car, looks like an afterthought. spoiler delete or the medium sized one. still undecided on the r spoiler, although if I could afford an r I would rock that spoiler all day long and love it. either way this looks like a phenomenal car

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Small spoiler is part of the Tech package. Medium spoiler is part of the Track package. Wing is exclusive to GT350R

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Great post, although I don't think I could bring myself to throw away Recaros for Corbeaus. I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant to their quality but I've just always seen them as a mid-grade seat to Recaro, Sparco, and Cobra among some of the actual race seats.

Users who are viewing this thread