cammed 01 SS vs 2012 5.0

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
a local friend and forum member here just picked up a white 2012 5.0. The car has 3.73's and driver mod. Thats all.

we only got one quick run in, because something is wrong in the rear end of my car and I have yet to fix it and in triple digit speeds its pretty scary.

we just did a quick 3rd-4th gear pull. 60 roll and I shut down around 110. I wanted to do a 30 or lower roll but traffic wasnt going to let that happen. Sorry about the video quality. I forgot to set my camera on night mode.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5lb_8v4Fk"]YouTube - MAH00113[/nomedia]

its rather depressing on my end how much these cars move out being stock. I have walked stock ls3 c6's harder.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
You guys need to do a real run from lower speeds. I don't think its going to be that close. I hope I run into a modded 5.0 so I can show you how its done lol jk

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
a local friend and forum member here just picked up a white 2012 5.0. The car has 3.73's and driver mod. Thats all.

we only got one quick run in, because something is wrong in the rear end of my car and I have yet to fix it and in triple digit speeds its pretty scary.

we just did a quick 3rd-4th gear pull. 60 roll and I shut down around 110. I wanted to do a 30 or lower roll but traffic wasnt going to let that happen. Sorry about the video quality. I forgot to set my camera on night mode.

YouTube - MAH00113

its rather depressing on my end how much these cars move out being stock. I have walked stock ls3 c6's harder.

Is this little video being filmed on the Northway? lol :rockon:

CobraKid04

Established Member
I thought you did well.....I mean thats only 3rd and maybe half of 4th with amost 1.5 or 2 cars. IDk :shrug:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Well modded vs stock so that show's they are beasts from the factory. If that 5.0 had a CAI, Tune and some exhaust, it would have been right there with you. Cool race though.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
impressive car for sure. I was expecting a higher trap speed for that time tho. I trapped 116.7x on motor.

That track has changed something and the traps are a 3-6 mph(depending on the car) then before. If you look at his 1/8 mile trap(which was not affected at sac raceway) it was 91 mph so it's a 116/117 mph car if i had to guess.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I thought you did well.....I mean thats only 3rd and maybe half of 4th with amost 1.5 or 2 cars. IDk :shrug:

yah. it was from a 60 hit which I should have been in 2nd, but I was a little generous and started in 3rd around 4k....I shut down around 100-110 around 5800rpms in 4th. I usually shift at 6500, but if I need to I shift at 7k.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

That's what I thought too... The Camaro seemed to pull pretty hard if you ask me for being a short race. Still doesn't mean that 5.0 isn't a beast though! Can't wait to see them in the street :D

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
good kill OP. no suprise here.

your friend in the 5.0 needs all of the bolt ons, and cams himself. that would be a good race for you. comp cams NSR cams are available now. he shouldn't make more than 460rwhp.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
good kill OP. no suprise here.

your friend in the 5.0 needs all of the bolt ons, and cams himself. that would be a good race for you. comp cams NSR cams are available now. he shouldn't make more than 460rwhp.

im pretty sure if he had cams and full bolt on's he would walk me pretty good without me spraying, no?

its hard to say at this point how much of a difference there is between our cars at the moment from just a quick mid 3rd to mid 4th gear pull.

Users who are viewing this thread