cammed Hennessey 09 Camaro beat down

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
so I finally had a run in with the guy down the street with a new manual SS Camaro. He already took it to Hennessey around Houston area, and had longtubes, a midpipe (stock cat back), and a big lopey cam of some sort put in. I beleive it is a 2009 since he got the car mid summer.

so we slowed to about a 30 roll this am side by side. I'm not sure but I beleive he was in 1st gear. I was in second because even with my terrible combo of 327 gears and a T56 transmission since I have fairly bald 285/35 18 Michelin PS2 street tires this was a very slow speed, low rpm, but my only chance of traction. I waived him to go and he hits it and then so did I. My car sorta bogs for a split second then blows the tires off to redline and still I immediately drove off sideways from him putting 2 car lengths on him before I ran out of gear and room in second at about 80mph still sideways lol and we both let off.

just wanted to share I've been wanting to run his cammed SS for awhile now.

Can't remember what LS motor he had but I thought it said LS7 on his hood :shrug:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Good kill! Love to eat Bowties...lol. Whats your curb weight on that 98?

boduke0220

Established Member
good kill! any idea on what kinda hp that things making? oh btw i freakin love terminator swapped SN95 cobras

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
oh and by the was that was w/o my NOS of course :burnout:

is your car forsale on cl by anychance? i think i saw it
no but someone else asked me that same thing the other day ? do you have a link to that for sale ad :??:

good kill! any idea on what kinda hp that things making? oh btw i freakin love terminator swapped SN95 cobras

:rockon:
Eaton only... 473 / 465
NX 75 shot... 560 / 580

Good kill! Love to eat Bowties...lol. Whats your curb weight on that 98?
me too especially LS ones with some nice mods :)... not sure on my weight. My guess is it's pretty light though and I have done some minimal weight reduction. How can I get it weighed other than at the track ? any ideas ??

I can't wait to put in some 373 gears a 4# lower, and get some new rear tires :)
I need a new rpm window switch and a bottle heater so I can spray too !!!!

I hurt a newer vipers feelings on the highway the other day also w/o spray from 60-110 which with my gearing is a low rpm 3rd gear only pull lol

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
yeah I need to weigh my car I guess b/c even with spinning the street tires to 80mph it seems surprisingly fast esp considering my gearing and only moderate HP level.

The Manalishi

Established Member
Doesn't sound right but anything can happen on the street. Good kill. Its a LS3 unless they did an engine swap. Its also a 2010 there aren't any 2009 Camaros, even though they were built in 2009.

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
yeah I don't think he expected it though. He knew what engine I have in my car but I guess he didn't respect it enough :)

VictorySong

Established Member
Probably was not running on all 8 after having parts stolen off of it. Still a great kill.

(google hennesey if you don't know what I'm talking about)

ous2418

Established Member
good kill!! yea i got a hennessey sc car up the road from me. ive been dying to get lined up w/ it but we are always goin opposite directions.

Users who are viewing this thread