Cammed idle videos and pictures! Nice day in Florida :]

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Here is a video of a start up..you can hear how my car likes to 'surge' a little on cold start up @ about 20-21 seconds in..its usually a lot worse but the motor was already a little warm.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiXtCWftrv8"]YouTube- Cammed Cobra start up & idle[/ame]

sounds quality on this video for whatever reason sounds like shit..but you get the idea..about 40-50 seconds in the idle drops down to about 1,000 RPMs but never lower..so you can't really hear the lope that much.

here is another video with a little valve train noise to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouQCztBkQM"]YouTube- Idle..valve train noise[/ame]

had it for 40,000 miles and has stayed there even after my HCI swap..who knows. :shrug:

I'm currently uploaded the pictures I just took and one more video... enjoy :rockon:

P.S. shut up about the red gas tank before you all start..I'll repaint it black once I get the chance...right now I have more important things to worry about on the car, lol

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Picturessss...

1003566.jpg

1003568.jpg

1003571p.jpg

1003570i.jpg

I have a few more things I want to do to clear up my engine bay..but this has basically been my day so far..I'm home from college for spring break :]

Never_Enough

Established Member
Sounds good. I'm not bothering w/a cam swap in mine. Too much $ for not enough gain.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
sounds so good, enough that no matter what setup I go with either a stroked out 4.6 or a 5.4 conversion cams are a must.

p.s. why dont you just remove the whole gas tank, that would save a ton of weight....:poke:

I kiieeeeed I kiiieeeed, just like messing with ya a little :dancenana:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Sounds good man, and the gas tank doesnt look THAT bad!

Sounds good. I'm not bothering w/a cam swap in mine. Too much $ for not enough gain.

Thanks.

I agree, it typically is too much money when there are other options that yield more power.

However, I was already planning on doing a head swap..and I found a retarded cheap deal for the cams and springs...so for me it was quite obvious to go ahead and do it.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
sounds so good, enough that no matter what setup I go with either a stroked out 4.6 or a 5.4 conversion cams are a must.

p.s. why dont you just remove the whole gas tank, that would save a ton of weight....:poke:

I kiieeeeed I kiiieeeed, just like messing with ya a little :dancenana:

I'll remove the gas tank..then rig up a 2 gallon gasoline jug with a fuel pump & lines for the race track :p

But yea..pretty much any and every combo I go with in any car..cams will be one of my first mods from now on..its quite addicting and will spoil you real quickly.
:rockon:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Red gas tank :nono:

Apart from that, everything else looks/sounds good.

Thanks for sharing!

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
cant you adjust the idle with the screw on the throttle body to get it to go down?? Or you already did and it wont go lower? then maybe you could restrict the IAC valve.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
when are those 4.56's going in anyways????

When I save the money back up and have a free day. :beer:

dang i love your car man!

Thanks man!

Sounds sik. I live in CA When i build my motor can i get away with cams and pass smog???

From what I have heard...I doubt it :/

Sounds real good and I like the cop conversion it really cleaned up the engine bay.

Thanks man! I love the COP conversion as well...since i deleted power steering I was able to get rid of the whole driver side bracket as well.

cant you adjust the idle with the screw on the throttle body to get it to go down?? Or you already did and it wont go lower? then maybe you could restrict the IAC valve.

It will go lower once I drive the car and its actually warmed up in the 'NORMAL' range.. I have a fluidyne radiator with a 180* thermostat so it usually takes a bit for it to warm. Usually idles around 900 and thats where I like it best to be honest..sounds more 'fierce' IMO.

never mess with that screw!! only adjust idle with a handheld tuner or livewire

Ooooops..yea I've definitely messed with that screw.

Looks cute bro. Once you get back let me know I want to check out the swap.

Haha alright bro..I'll be back in town sometime on friday..we'll set up a play date or something :p If not I'll see you at the tuesday night meet.

Users who are viewing this thread