Cammed Vehicles/ Any Complaints?

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
So I'm in the market again to buy another cobra since I last sold my 10th anniversary 2003 cobra last year. Well I found a nice cobra mustang for sale and it is cammed and it sounds like a beast. :coolman:. I was wondering do you guys get any shit from neighbors and people about having a loud cammed car starting up in your driveway lol?

Never_Enough

Established Member
None from mine, but there is a new Mustang owner on my street & his car literally sounds like my air compressor when he starts it up & my neighbor has an old Nissan Z car & is always revving it like an asshole so I am sure my neighbors love hearing mine LOL

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I used to launch my dragster on the driveway.
But, I have few neighbors and the one next door is hard of hearing.

My buddy who lives a mile away would usually call me right after and say "Nice Launch" lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I used to launch my dragster on the driveway.
But, I have few neighbors and the one next door is hard of hearing.

My buddy who lives a mile away would usually call me right after and say "Nice Launch" lol

Truth, I've seen the pictures.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Viper cam is more aggressive than most modern cammed cars. I always thought my Cobra was loud but after having the Viper a while I feel like the Cobra is near silent when it is idle. On the other hand I left my Viper idling for about 10 minutes the other day in the garage and it can be clearly heard from anywhere in my house, and outside... so I know for sure my neighbors hear it running. It actually vibrates my kitchen enough to cause the shot glasses to chatter.

I haven't had a single complaint yet...

I was very nervous going to get it inspected but the inspector seemed to like it for what it was and never bothered me.

Don't be an a-hole and you will probably be okay... but then again, I'm from Mass, not Texas... I would think my commie state would be worse though.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
It has stage 3 cams and its pushing 500 hp all motor. The car has a H pipe and Mac exhaust I believe but love the way it sounds. I should be picking it up tomorrow or saturday.

Balt21

Established Member
If it is too loud you could always just swap out the exhaust, that will a play a bigger role than the fact that it is cammed. I have Mac's on my '97 and love the way it sounds too, so it's understandable if you don't want to change that.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I havent had any complaints with either of my cammed cars, daily is a 98z with a 224 cam, long tubes, cats and an open borla catback. Z06 has a 247/258 cam, longtubes and turndowns on the x pipe, no cats, no mufflers

chao5.0

Established Member
never had a complaint since I moved into my house, now when I had an apartment and my GTO was cammed with full exhaust people would complain so I tried to leave as quickly as possible in the mornings without bringing up the rpms to much.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
My car rattles the plates and glasses inside my house while it idles so I try not to leave it sitting there too long. Only complaints so far have been from my wife. It has two 3" magnapack mufflers and 2 kooks resonators.

Don't act like a psycho revving it up and people will just think your car has an exhaust leak and a misfire. That's what my neighbor says anyway.

GodStang

Established Member
Depends more on exhaust then it does being cammed. Never had complaints on my cammed 03.

Users who are viewing this thread