Cams and stall

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my dilema. I have a 2002 Mustang GT automatic convertible; 4.10 gears, O/R X pipe, catback, RPM outlet plenum, 75mm BBK TB, K&N cai, Diablosport programmer. The best i could get out of it on drag radials was a 14.1 at 98mph. I spun a rod bearing so i pulled the motor and bought a newer one with less miles. I wanna go cams and a stall but i dont know what cams are the best. Theres a guy offering me a set of stage III comp cams for $250 but i wasnt sure if i would have enough piston to valve clearance. I know for sure im going with a PI stallion stall converter somewhere around 2800-3200 stall. Any infor would help.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I was running faster than a 14.1 completely stock..

As far as cams, stage 3 would probably be a little excessive with your mods. Look into a set of MHS cams, very good stuff.

Modularheadshop - MHS

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
thanks man, this gt is a friend of mine and its an auto vert with 190k on the clock. I have a friend who put down like 297 with a cleanup job on his heads without porting the runners, stage two Comp cams, full bolts ons and exhaust and it was tuned by mike murillo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread