Cams for the Mach 1

jspalmer01

Established Member
Anybody done any cam work on their Mach yet? I know Mod Max makes some cams for the DOHC...anybody else make them? How hard is it to install them? Thanks.

Fosters

Established Member
SHM makes some, they have clips of how it sounds too... pretty good... and the gains are pretty damn nice too

sykojoe

the shm seems to offer a package deal for the cams on a mach 1.

What is the actually gains out of cams/ cam packages?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
What's the bottom line cost of caming the mach engine and what kind of risks do you take doing it??

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Originally posted by Mr. Mach-ete
What's the bottom line cost of caming the mach engine and what kind of risks do you take doing it??
1k for cams plus 1k for labor

you lose prob some low end tq, and somed riveability, and you need a tune too prob add another 300 for that...and a voided warranty

Machinator

Banned
With the stage one cams you will not lose any driveability, plus I took a good look at the dyno sheet SHM had on there site and I didnt notice any loss in the lower rpm range, if you plan on doing the cam swap I highly recommend you go to lower gears, i.e 4.10's which will keep you right in the sweet spot. Good luck.

4a7191a

Established Member
some guy has got a set of ford motersport cams, said they were great, i believe that the warrenty would be kept, if they installed them. eh?? not sure too sure on the hp or tq levals.
laters
dave

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
yeah your warranty will be kept with the cams when 03 owners are getting their warranties voided with a catback and intake?

cams will most likely void the warranty unless you are the owner of the place

Users who are viewing this thread