Cams on stock heads/block

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
whats the largest size cams can you run on stock heads/block with full intake and full exhaust (LT's, catless, BX cb)

203Cree

Established Member
You might be able to get away with stg 2's without having to replace springs. Maybe. Depends on what boost you're running. You could still run into valve float issues. If you're willing to replace springs, you could run 3's if you wanted. You won't get as much from them as you would with some ported heads, but they'll still work.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
my buddy has the comp cams kit w/ springs ...not sure the specs, but w/ a 4#lower and 2.8 upper and cams he put down 497rwhp at RWTD dyno he posts as Danoid on NLOC...he has the burgandy/grey 97 fleetside w/ complete L drivetrain/suspension/interior

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
So what does a set of stage 2/3 with springs cost? Would it be worth it with the stock heads/block?

I am running a 6lb lower with a ported eaton and a 50shot. i just love the way they sound. Im going to build a motor sometime but for the time being, i just wanted the sound of some stage 3's (if possible) but if Im going to have issues with floating a valve then ill just wait on the cams.

Users who are viewing this thread