Cams or not to cams

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I have cams and have zero drivability issues. I'm no expert but I think my are fairly aggressive.

My issue is iat2 climbing during wot.

Going to do the gt500 HE and flow mod with a trunk tank that Malcom posted about a few months back to see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I have cams and have zero drivability issues. I'm no expert but I think my are fairly aggressive.

My issue is iat2 climbing during wot.

Going to do the gt500 HE and flow mod with a trunk tank that Malcom posted about a few months back to see if that helps.

Your IAT2 climbing at WOT is due to the 2.9 Whipple though, not the cams.

CammedBarbieCar

Established Member
I did cams even with all this talk about it not being worth. Decided to do it anyway in my stock unported eaton car. Mainly for the sound, not gonna lie. Knowing i wouldn't see alot of hp gain. Bigger blower to come in the future anyway. Raced a buddy of mine with a posi ported blower before the cam install, he walked away from me pretty hard. Raced him again after install with the car making only 8.8lbs of boost at the end of the curve and put 2 cars on him. Made the car alot more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^great results. Your na engine went from something like 56hp/L (~260hp/4.6L), to (im guessing stage 2 cams) 300hp and about 65hp/L.

The eaton happily supplied the low end airflow and the cams happily stretched the powerband so that it just felt like a happier engine.

Users who are viewing this thread