Cams

100GT03

Established Member
ok i have heard about hitech stage 2,VT stage 2,and then comp 262ah and 270ah cams i love the way that the 270ah cams sound in video clips but i have an all bolt on car with 4.10s...so im just seeing what you guys would do with a cam choice and get all of your opinions on these cams or your experience with the cams you have in your car??? thanks for any help im really wanting cams but dont wanna spend the 600 bucks and end up with something i dont like

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
For most street driven cars, I always recommend the 262AH's. Reason is that there's NO tradeoff in low end Tq,(compared to the stockers) but almost identical in top end with the 270's (there's maybe 3 or 4 hp difference on stock heads, believe it or not.)

Having said that, you DO have 4.10's, so the loss of any low end power won't really be noticed too much. Plus the fact that you have 4.10's tells me a little about you withot knowing too much else lol. You obviously like running thru the gears alot, so I would say that you'll probably enjoy the bigger Cams better. Besides, any SERIOUS mods that you do in the future will only enhance them. Remember that. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread