Cams

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the 4vs have a lot of versitility with cams and can be finely tuned for what you want to do with the car. If you want turbo, you can get a longer duration on the exhaust to help spool the turbo a little quicker and stuff like that. Much better for extracting the most power out of the small cubes in the engine.

Unfortunetly, I don't know a thing about cams...when I get some, they are going to be custom ground - that's all I know.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
SHM, modular performance, fox lake, AFM, a ton of places offer alot of cam setups for different types of power, n/a, turbo, etc.. search around.. they are everywhere.

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by Jwilliams
hey duane whats the stage 3 head work include that you got?
Youll have to ask Superior Auto in Anaheim CA about that one...But its a full on cervi full radius valve job, new valve guides and seals and full on porting..they do kick-@ss work...DA snake boy!!

2Mystic

Established Member
Originally posted by StangsN4x4S
can someone post a sound clip of there cammed 96-96 cobra?

Email me for a sound clip, it is awesome! - [email protected]

I have a set of cams for sale - Crane regrind with approx 3K miles, complete with cam spec cards and dyno sheets of difference over stock cams (327 before, 355 after rwhp). Springs and retainers (Mod Max), also available. Sound clips available - no question this car has cams when it is at idle.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
Cams wouldnt be a huge gain on these car's just alone, especially with the costs to install.. if your going to do cams then make it worth your $$ and get your heads, valvetrain, pistons and rods taken care of.

97SVTStang

Established Member
When you do all the work on the car yourself like I do I think its a great upgrade. Iam ASE certified and went to school for engine building. Only thing I dont know how to do is weld, but I am learning.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Originally posted by 97SVTStang
When you do all the work on the car yourself like I do I think its a great upgrade. Iam ASE certified and went to school for engine building. Only thing I dont know how to do is weld, but I am learning.

LOL I'm the opposite. Id like to work on my own engines and I know how to weld...I'd like to learn and take classes on engine building

Users who are viewing this thread