Can a 15" Wheel fit on an 03 Cobra?

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I just got a killer deal on a set of MT ET Streets and some skinnies mounted on Weld Draglite wheels, but I need to know if there is anyway to put the skinnies on the front of a Cobra with the 13" rotors. Does anyone know if I can just use a thick wheel spacer for this? I'm pretty sure the rears will fit without any problems.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I remember reading about someone doing it with spacers a year or so ago, but it's far from an ideal situation.

Have you searched for the information you require yet? I'm sure it's still on here somewhere...

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I tried running a search, but I'm not getting any results yet. I guess I need to figure out a better way to word my search.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
15 in. wheels

I tried some on my cobra last summer. They did'nt fit, I can't remember but I think they hit the rear calipers . I know they don't fit the front due to the large rotors.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Well I decide to do a little R&D of my own. The 15's will clear the brakes in the back, but the hit the spindle right where the tie rod bolts to it. Fear not though, with a little creative grinding, nothing extreme, and about a 1/4" spacer, I'm prettty sure they'll fit fine. I'll let everybody know, once the spacers get here.

Users who are viewing this thread