Can a bad fuel filter cause hesitation/low boost

Ted B

Established Member
Well im waiting to see what the ford techs have to say this friday, but yes I bought the car already procharged and tuned, so i'm not sure what exactly it has installed. I've seen s few of the upgrades standard suspension stuff springs, prob not dampers tho. The car was done the wrong way in so many way and now its my job to fix it. So at this point I need to find out exactly the extent of whats wrong so i can make a game plan both financially and technically on what i need to do to upgrade and fix whatever needs to be in order to just hit the proper baseline of 450-480 RWH safely and all weather conditions. Im prob going to invest in a Ngauge from lund and do a remote tune with them with a local speed shop...that's 1300$ down the the line, further down the line if i have to pull the motor for anything not up to par under there.

I I'm pretty sure there is no booster pump, so at min a 255lph will be going in there at some point...could go with a focus ST pump, or walbro pump idk.

I will update when I have more answers...car still feels ok to drive I just don't feel right doing so. I let it sit for a few days warm her up and just take it for a quick ride just so it doesn't get all shitty in the cold.

Ted B

Established Member
word from one of the best ford techs in the country...either my diablo sport mafia is busted or I have a bad MAF...also he said that most cars with a tune on it usually stop him from being able to use his ford reading tool...thus to negate his ability to change the tune. However he is able to read most sensors and he says no matter what he does with the trottle the maf shows .08V...which is bad

Users who are viewing this thread