can a k-member be pushed back?

pennywisegt

Audio & Video Production
Established Member
i hit a curb at around 20 mph and the left front got pushed back an inch. if i unbold everything u think it can go back to within specs...or u guess I need a whole new k-member?
P1010008.gif

P1010001.gif

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Probably bent the control arms, they are way weaker than the K.

Pull the wheels and check it out good.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Too important to short cut IMO.
Get it on an alignment rack and find out for sure...
Replace anything that is bent...
Then do a 4 wheel align and have the car checked for squareness.
......]<
>[

>[ ]<

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Um You could call your insurance. It will be covered. They will view it as an at fault accident so your prem's might go up.

Damn man. that sucks.

pennywisegt

Audio & Video Production
Established Member
well you see in the picture of the k....the two bolts on the right side of the pic, its like the bolts were loose. the whole k-member moved itself when it got hit, like those bolts were supposed to let it move when it takes an impact cause u can see

bender460

Established Member
Thats dosn't look good. :( Now would be the time to lighten it up some with a new K and a-arms. Just make sure your subframe is ok.

2004Serpent

Established Member
same thing happened to me but the shop didnt pick it up at first so i let them know, they did an alignment and i got the car back with the steering wheel bent and the alignment was still off so i took it back once more they re-aligned it as they say but it still hasnt been the same as day #1 but i will not rest until the problem is fixed. my front driver wheel looked just like yours in fact my front wheel is about 1/2" pushed back if you stare good at it. Also my steering hydraulic cylinder thingy was also pushed back as well which was why my steering wheel looked off.

tv's 03

Established Member
The above post... that's funny

To the thread starter, that sucks, I would suspect there is some frame damage, but hopefully its just a bent control arm.

For the k-member to move back, the motor would also move back, and the trans, pushing the driveshaft into the rearend. Also, the k bolts up to the frame rails in the wheel well area as well as to the back side of the front subframe, so that section would also have to move with the k, which is a pretty strong stamped steel piece. I would think the frame would bend bfore the K member would....again hopefully its the control arm

Users who are viewing this thread