can a novi 1000 be used on a 06 gt

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
ive had a few foxes and ran some vortech set ups. a deal just came up with a friend of mine for a paxton novi 1000 complete kit that needs a rebuild. set up is for a fox but im wondering if at all possible what it would take to run it on my 06 gt. i know brackets arent the same and yes ive played with blowers so im not oblivious to them this is my first mod motor and im addicted to boost. id appreciate the help on this thanks guys

CBelleperche

Established Member
I'd be careful before you get into that.... Potential to be a fabrication headache bud, could cost you more in fab work than is does for the blower setup. If I were you I'd wait a little longer and see if you can find a Vortech or Procharger setup!

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
i appreciate the help. ive been searching for another fox to get into and either build or flip so i was going to buy the blower anyway to hold onto when i do get the fox but was just curious if it could work. thanks alot i appreciate it

CBelleperche

Established Member
The Novi would be great for the fox so if you want to invest go for it! If I were you I'd look on the other mustang forums like corral.net, Modularfords.com etc. for a blower setup for your 06 GT. What do you have done to your 06?

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
ive run a vortech set up on my 89gt and ive played with some precision turbos as well like i said a friend is selling a whole kit and the deal is too hard to pass. as for the 06 so far she only has a steeda axleback but sitting in the parts pile to go on is a jlt series 3 cai, charge motion delete plates, pullies and underdrives, some steeda suspension bits, subframes, debating a header back exhaust, rear blackout panel and a front chin spoiler. nothing crazy just a fun driver as it sits i love driving it way more than any of my foxes and its virtually all stock

CBelleperche

Established Member
Yeah the Novi wouldnt really give you any room to grow. But like you'd said don't pass it up, throw it on a fox and flip it! Sounds like you have a decent setup point for a blower or turbo. What kind of power are you looking to make?

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
i always had numbers in mind with my old cars but with this one im not really set on anything if i go the blower route with it id be happy with anything at 350 or higher to the wheels.

CBelleperche

Established Member
You don't even need a blower to hit that number. Do the full exhaust including headers, cams, do some work to the heads, tune, throttle body, and new plenum. Should be there easy. A blower on top of that would just make it nasty!!

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
was thinking about the comp cams those with a nice exhaust just sound mean

CBelleperche

Established Member
Do the exhaust, throttle body, cams and tune. Be right around $2,000 or so. Thats the route I'd go. Cams and exhaust always sound good! What kind of exhaust are you thinking? Keeping the cats or deleting them?

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
not too sure on which set up id run. i know a few people that have shops that could inspect it without cats but PA is pretty tight on emissions so probably keep the cats

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
you would be surprised on how much of a difference just the steeda axleback made over the factory pieces sounds completely different

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
if i knew how to post up a video clip on here i would its not bad at all for a quick sound upgrade not alot of people believe its only an axle back when i tell them

Users who are viewing this thread