Can anyone recommend an aggressive lawyer (CA)

Bullitt207

Established Member
To make a long story short, I was verbally awarded a few contracts. Before I started the jobs a big scandal broke out with the company who was awarding the jobs (kickbacks). This messed up jobs in progress with all the sub-contractors including me. I just need to see what can be done. We are talking about $100,000 worth of work. Any lawyer in Los Angeles or Ventura County.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Old mod man may know some.

johnny_cochran_b.jpg

did you try to call Johnny Cochran?

usmcrebel

Established Member
To make a long story short, I was verbally awarded a few contracts. Before I started the jobs a big scandal broke out with the company who was awarding the jobs (kickbacks). This messed up jobs in progress with all the sub-contractors including me. I just need to see what can be done. We are talking about $100,000 worth of work. Any lawyer in Los Angeles or Ventura County.

I was verbally awarded all of bill gates fortune next week...no paper or signature= no contract...sadly peoples words means nothing anymore. i hope you find a lawyer that can win this, but the future looks grim.

Bullitt207

Established Member
I was verbally awarded all of bill gates fortune next week...no paper or signature= no contract...sadly peoples words means nothing anymore. i hope you find a lawyer that can win this, but the future looks grim.

There is a paper trail, Just to many details to write here.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

So you are willing to pay a decent retainer? Did you write a bid for this job using the bids of your subs? Was any contract signed between you and your subs? Is the company awarding the jobs a contractor for the city, state, or fed?

Are you acting as a sub to this company where they are using your bid to bid a larger project?

All these details matter immensely in the world of contracting. Additionally, when a job is sent out to bid, there is usually a caveat that winning bidders are notified in writing only.

Bullitt207

Established Member
So you are willing to pay a decent retainer? Did you write a bid for this job using the bids of your subs? Was any contract signed between you and your subs? Is the company awarding the jobs a contractor for the city, state, or fed?

Are you acting as a sub to this company where they are using your bid to bid a larger project?

All these details matter immensely in the world of contracting. Additionally, when a job is sent out to bid, there is usually a caveat that winning bidders are notified in writing only.

Retainer - Yes

Fed job - Yes

I am the sub contractor. I have been doing work for this company for over a year. I do smaller phases of larger projects. They said I maybe be back in when the smoke clears. I need to find out how deep the kickbacks went. I have pending bids That I know I have the best price on. If it passes over the wrong desk it may be put in the round file. The details are very lengthy. I don't want to battle the case here I just wondered if anyone has a good lawyer.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Retainer - Yes

Fed job - Yes

I am the sub contractor. I have been doing work for this company for over a year. I do smaller phases of larger projects. They said I maybe be back in when the smoke clears. I need to find out how deep the kickbacks went. I have pending bids That I know I have the best price on. If it passes over the wrong desk it may be put in the round file. The details are very lengthy. I don't want to battle the case here I just wondered if anyone has a good lawyer.

I know what is happening. You need to check the bid protocol and you might find that winning bids will only be awarded in writing.

Additionally, if there are kickbacks occurring and that is why others got the winning bid, that is illegal. You need to present your evidence/case to the Assistant United States Attorney.

What would your damages be? After getting the "verbal" award of the contract did you expend money on this contract? Did you buy materials and supplies specific to this contract that cannot be used elsewhere or returned?

Users who are viewing this thread