can anyone tell me thetop speed?

Eamonn

Established Member
Good stuff Primaris.

That calculator demo pretty much does it for me.

The frontal area that's getting pushed thru the air defines what will make the car faster at a given hp. As you've said, Wind resistance is a function of the speed and it is a square- based on the surface area being pushed thru the air.

The mass will affect the acceleration (re: F = ma or a = F/m) which is a rate (Velocity/time) of change.

Galileo did an experiment some time ago......;-)

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
ive only got mine to 135 and it didnt seem that it had anymore paower to go any higher and i all i have is exhaust and short shifter. But i barely reached 135mph but it didnt seem to have much more power so i didnt push it.

natedog_1959

Established Member
I have had multiple chances to take my SVTF to its maximum attainable speed. When I was bone stock I could only max out at 136 in 5th. My most recent top speed attemp saw speeds of between 120 and 140 mph MAX for almost 30 straight minutes. I followed/led an Audi TT the whole time and needless to say it was intense. I have quite a few bolt-ons so to those who claim any more out of a stock car, I too throw up the BS flag. With my additional power I was able to reach my max speed in 5th or 6th gear. I plan on adding lower profile tires, 215/40/17 Falken RT-615 to help with gearing off the line as well as improving my top speed in 6th gear. I am also contemplating having my car tuned and rev limiter bumped to 7600 rpm. Take it easy and keep it shiny side up. Nate

Users who are viewing this thread