Can eggs dent a car?

5point0guy

Established Member
This girl I know who lives down the street from me claims another girl drove by and threw eggs at her car one night (they hate eachother). She also said the eggs left dents in her car. She drives a 2008 Toyota Yaris. I'm asking because I don't think eggs are hard enough to dent a car. Maybe if they were thrown hard enough, but the egg would be thrown from a car while driving and not thrown straight with full force. I know it's kind of a stupid question but I was wondering if you guys had any answers or opinions, Thanks.

BTW, they were regular, non-hardboiled eggs. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, just giving more info.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Are we talking out of the box or hard boiled here? Maybe scrambled or sunny side up? I'd say that if it was an omelet, it could probably break the window behind the right velocity.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see how it would dent a car, the egg would shatter immediately upon impact as it is much more fragile than whatever surface it is hitting. I guess if it was launched out of a cannon it would have enough force to do something, but no way a girl driving by is going to throw it hard enough to leave a dent.

5point0guy

Established Member
I don't see how it would dent a car, the egg would shatter immediately upon impact as it is much more fragile than whatever surface it is hitting. I guess if it was launched out of a cannon it would have enough force to do something, but no way a girl driving by is going to throw it hard enough to leave a dent.

Yeah and we're talking about a tiny, 100 pound Asian girl throwing the egg. I would also think that the egg is too fragile to do any damage to a car. But like NyteByte said, those Yaris' are practically paper thin

Last edited:

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
It was thrown out of a moving car.......velocity does make a difference! It could easily dent the car. I know for a fact, as I have had 2 cars in the past get lightly dented from eggs. One was a 1997 trans Am (it was the rear quarter panel).

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Have the victim throw eggs at the vandal, then ask the vandal if she feels any pain. :poke:

Hell yes an egg will make dents.
Jeff

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
working at a car wash for a long time, we get people who come in with egged cars all the time. Eggs can dent the car...the most common thing they do is chip/screw the paint up. They leave little concentric circles of chipped paint from the impact point.

They seem somewhat harmless but they are one of the worst things you can do to someone elses car.

Users who are viewing this thread