Can I be guaranteed a GT500?

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I plan on buying a new car next year, and I would really like to buy a GT500. Once I have found a dealership that will commit to MSRP in writing, and I order a car, can I be guaranteed to get one? The reason i'm asking is my dad is on the waiting list for a Z06, but they can't even guarantee if they will even get one. Is this the same with the GT500? Will the Ford dealership be able to tell me 100% that I will get one, they just don't know the exact date?

CaDDy

Banned
Ahahahhaha lol..... sorry about that, Im sure some Ford stealership you talk to will "give you MSRP" and "first pick", but when it comes time to seal the deal and they know that some rich assclown will give them 50K or 45K they'll take it, your loyalty to the Ford brand means nothing to them, just how much $$$ you can dish out. You probably have the same chances of getting that Z06 for MSRP as you do for the GT500, plus the GT500 is a long waysss away.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
with 7500 being made the first year, and who knows how many the second year of production, its very possible that if you are patient enough, you could get one below Retail..

The first few months of production will be insane..
But production will catch up with demand quickly, and then you will be able to "deal" with dealers..

The dealers will tell you differntly however, since they are playing the "hype" game.

Mark my words.
Anyone who pays over retail is an Idiot.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
i totally agree. anyone that pays over msrp for any vehicle is an idiot. that's what i don't understand. i have a 2004 worked sti that i bought when they first hit the shores and the dealer still took 1000 off msrp to sell it to me. also, they produce as many sti's as people want. maybe that's why ford is doing as poorly as they are and subaru is thriving.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I have to agree with you guys. anyone who pays pver MSRP is a complete moron, hell look at all the guys buying 05 gt stangs for 5-10K over MSRP. The problem is if the demand is there the prices wont budge. I would love to have a GT 500 but If I cant get a dealer to agree to A plan employee price then the hell with it, I have never paid Sticker for a Ford and I am not about to. I will just go fine myself a claen low mile 04 cobra.

Joe

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Trix are for kids...

Sorry, dude. Trix are for kids!!! :p
Seriously, if you're not already on a list (like alot of us psychos here are--myself included) you may have to wait a while. But...never fear, these things are going to hit the dealers @ Jun-July, and by Sept-Oct, especially if you live up north, you may be able to get one @ msrp or below. I think that if these rolled out in Apr-May, you would be skerewed!!! Patience is key! :beer:
Hang in there!!!

umustdv8

Established Member
As a few stated... That list is crap. It's all about the mighty $$,$$$. Just remember, you're dealing with car dealers, add all they care about is MONEY. If you get it great, if not you may have to wait a few weeks. It would suck paying too much for a car and having it remind you every month when you write that car payment check.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
If you and the dealer sign a legal document guaranteeing price, and which one of the production #'s you will get then you are golden. And if they dont uphold that, you my friend will own a new dealership.

Just be careful, your better off going to a small dealer, who just wants it off his floorplan and to make a few bucks at a very reasonable MSRP.

good day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread