Can I beat a Kaw 636?

LS1toSVT

Established Member
What does it take to walk a stock new Kaw 636? Ill have a whipple at 17psi with all the supporting mods in a few days. And my buddy wont stop running his mouth about his bike and how he's gonna stomp on me. Isn't 550+hp enough to beat a 600 bike?

Hes a total squid and I wont take the race past 120mph. Were probably gonna go from 30-40mph. Do I have enough?

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
17lb's? You may be around 570ish rwhp if so. Ask him to go from a higher roll. Bikes have crazy powerbands going from 7000- all the way to 15,500. The lower roll you go from, the easier it'll be for him to beat you. What tire will you be running from that slow a roll? You may spin your ass off.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
CobraGuy99 said:
Not a chance in hell.

lol, +65000. unless he is 250+lbs, or just cant ride(which happens alot) if you do go through with the race....get some NAWZ :poke: , and put that torque through the roof. with a whipple and 75-100 shot, you should be able to pull him pretty nice :rockon:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
with a whipple and 75-100 shot, you should be able to pull him pretty nice :rockon:

I would hope so! :D I'd hunt down 750's with a whipple/spray setup.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
A lot of people with pullied 03's beat the rider of the bike. An 05 CBR600RR ran a 10.5 in a magazine test.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have this car and a modded '05 636R. Till about 120-130 it will be all bike. Then you will start pulling back on him. Your best chance to pass would be at about 155 mph depending on certain other variables. Good luck.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
red03cobra said:
Do a mountain road, as cars have more contact patch than bikes and go faster through the twisties...

Are you freaking kidding me? Contact patch? WTF? Never ride a bike. You will kill yourself because you will not know how insane they truely are. I could lap my car in about three laps at mid ohio on my bike.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This pic is not current, but it still somewhat looks like this.

27411.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have this car and a modded '05 636R. Till about 120-130 it will be all bike. Then you will start pulling back on him. Your best chance to pass would be at about 155 mph depending on certain other variables. Good luck.

-Jeff

DING DING DING... WE HAVE A WINNAH :thumbsup:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Go from a dig... You will win...

Who cares if you beat the rider rather than the bike. Ask any racer, any real racer it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile--Fast and furious hahahahah..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
capnkirk52 said:
Go from a dig... You will win...

I am going to have to go with a negative on that one as well. The bike will crush th car from a dig, even if the bike rider can just barely launch. If you don't own a bike or have never ridden a bike like the one in this thread then please don't throw out guestimations. I have both, as mentioned before. My Terminator will get out of the hole quicker for about one second, then the bike will pass it. Things will even out from there on, and the Cobra will start pulling back at about 120-130.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I am going to have to go with a negative on that one as well. The bike will crush th car from a dig, even if the bike rider can just barely launch. If you don't own a bike or have never ridden a bike like the one in this thread then please don't throw out guestimations. I have both, as mentioned before. My Terminator will get out of the hole quicker for about one second, then the bike will pass it. Things will even out from there on, and the Cobra will start pulling back at about 120-130.

+1 agree with your never own a bike or ridden a bike comment. I had a 05 SV650S and that thing was pretty fun to ride and pretty quick. But i know the 636 is faster. One of these days i will own another bike.

Users who are viewing this thread