Can I run 110 Unleaded Octane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUMBASS

Banned
i have never seen 110 unleaded but i run 110 leaded all the time in my car. a couple local stations have it.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
you must need to:read: more

Not really, but thanks anyway. I like to get my info from real world experience.

y
you should know by now that with 91 octane max timing can be *21 and on 110 i can run 25-26 timing....big difference

First off, I said 93 octane and you can run 23* of timing easily.
There's not that much power to be had going from 23* to 25*
and it really doesn't justify the $5/gal price difference. You're not going
to pick up much on the street or at the track. Been there, done that with
ported blowers...years ago. I wouldn't run that much timing anyway, but that's just me.
But hey, it's your car and your money so do whatever you like with it.
In my case, I'm running 23psi and 23* of timing on my street tune so a little
more octane is required.

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
There is no such thing at 110 unleaded. The highest unleaded fuel you can buy is 104 made by Turbo Blue (unleaded plus) or Sunoco (260 GT plus).

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Not really, but thanks anyway. I like to get my info from real world experience.

First off, I said 93 octane and you can run 23* of timing easily.
There's not that much power to be had going from 23* to 25*
and it really doesn't justify the $5/gal price difference. You're not going
to pick up much on the street or at the track. Been there, done that with
ported blowers...years ago. I wouldn't run that much timing anyway, but that's just me.
But hey, it's your car and your money so do whatever you like with it.
In my case, I'm running 23psi and 23* of timing on my street tune so a little
more octane is required.

:poke: hello bro i live in california there is no 93 octane......91 is the hightest here. ill post my papers buddy when im finished getting tuned we'll leave it at that

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
There is no such thing at 110 unleaded. The highest unleaded fuel you can buy is 104 made by Turbo Blue (unleaded plus) or Sunoco (260 GT plus).

There is such thing. Maybe you just haven't heard of it. :read:

MVD

Established Member
There is such thing. Maybe you just haven't heard of it. :read:

Care to share??

VP has MS 109 but the (R+M)/2 is only 105, and it is only sold in containers. Regardless 104 or 105 is your best bet.

Either option is not available via pump which were the gases I was referring to previously. Both Turbo Blue 104 and Sunoco 260 GT are sold via pump near my house.

Last edited:

jumperjack

Established Member

Post above beat me to the VP 105 unleaded. To the OP I don't think you need 110 you would be fine on the 104. Also I agree that no one makes a 110 unleaded that I know of. If you are planning on mixing then that is a different story. My tuner doesn't like trying to tune with a mix. If you add 110 leaded to 100 unleaded in equal amounts the octane will actually be higher than 105 because of the lead. It will probably end up at 106-107. As stated earlier no matter which you decide to go with just make sure that what you tune with and what you run are the same because the A/F ratio will change with fuels.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Care to share??

VP has MS 109 but the (R+M)/2 is only 105, and it is only sold in containers. Regardless 104 or 105 is your best bet.

Either option is not available via pump which were the gases I was referring to previously. Both Turbo Blue 104 and Sunoco 260 GT are sold via pump near my house.

Well to be honest with you I only thought unleaded went up to 104.

Until I asked my buddy whose dad actually supplies race fuel around the Oklahoma area and he told me they can get 110 unleaded and it's within a $5 difference of the 104. That is where I'm getting my information from. It comes in 5 gallon drums and they don't sell it at the pump.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Post above beat me to the VP 105 unleaded. To the OP I don't think you need 110 you would be fine on the 104. Also I agree that no one makes a 110 unleaded that I know of. If you are planning on mixing then that is a different story. My tuner doesn't like trying to tune with a mix. If you add 110 leaded to 100 unleaded in equal amounts the octane will actually be higher than 105 because of the lead. It will probably end up at 106-107. As stated earlier no matter which you decide to go with just make sure that what you tune with and what you run are the same because the A/F ratio will change with fuels.

Well, here I will show you what I plan on doing on my "Street Aggresive" Tune:
- Street Aggressive 3.5 / 4# (17lbs)
Mix 91 Octane with 110 to = 97 Octane or so.

Then my "Race Tune" was going to look like this:
-Race 2.9 / 4# (22+lbs)
110 unleaded

The "Race Tune" will be ran once or so a month or the ocassional Friday night.

how much is he charging you for a tune?

$400 for 3 tunes that I am completely satisfied with. Beats the $550 I was going to have to pay Manny @ HPP to tune it + I don't have to drive 4 hours down to Dallas nor wait a month until his schedule is open.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I'm going to let Kurtis @ Archangel give it a shot. He has really helped me out the past couple weeks and he gave me a prety damn good price for tuning also.

cool. If you end up not happy with that shoot me a PM and I'll get you a number to my friend who tunes in Hennessey (south of me in Enid). He will beat the price you posted and wont stop until you are happy and he is sure it is safe.

Guess I'm going to have to get my high boost race gas tune done or throw the small shot of spray on it that my buddy has been trying to talk me into so we can go terrorize the track in Tulsa.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
cool. If you end up not happy with that shoot me a PM and I'll get you a number to my friend who tunes in Hennessey (south of me in Enid). He will beat the price you posted and wont stop until you are happy and he is sure it is safe.

Guess I'm going to have to get my high boost race gas tune done or throw the small shot of spray on it that my buddy has been trying to talk me into so we can go terrorize the track in Tulsa.

I will keep that in mind Brandon. It's getting tuned the end of the week so I will keep you in the loop. Thanks buddy :beer:

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I will keep that in mind Brandon. It's getting tuned the end of the week so I will keep you in the loop. Thanks buddy :beer:

right on! I hope it works out for you but if it doesnt I'll make sure Dewayne takes care of you. I am very anal about people working on my car and he goes above and beyond. Anything that goes in his shop for work or tuning is treated like his own.

jumperjack

Established Member
Well to be honest with you I only thought unleaded went up to 104.

Until I asked my buddy whose dad actually supplies race fuel around the Oklahoma area and he told me they can get 110 unleaded and it's within a $5 difference of the 104. That is where I'm getting my information from. It comes in 5 gallon drums and they don't sell it at the pump.

Who makes the 110 unleaded? Can you get any info on where to get it and post it up. Would really appreciate it. I would be interested if I really crank up the boost for the track.

jumperjack

Established Member

Hey Brandon how's the Aluminator holding up? Getting ready to take mine over to the tuner on Friday to discuss some options and see what she will do on a more aggressive tune. Been really considering going auto but haven't made a decision yet.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Hey Chris what clutch setup are you going to run with the 2.2?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Care to share??

There used to be an independantly owned gas station in Clearwater Florida that had VP 104 unleaded that came out of their pump! If I remember it was about $3 a gallon in the mid 90's!
And with the debate going on? I agree That ported blower Dyno Run will show a Significant HP increase with the 110 Vs. the 91, I await those numbers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread