Can I Use A Steigmeier Bored TB With The Whipple Made For "HP" TBs? Plz Help!

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Hello. Earlier I called Whipple and they said that I can only use the Horsepower TB Whipple kit with an aftermarket Throttle Body (Billetflow, Accufab). I bought an aftermarket TB and I am not too crazy about it. I think I would rather have the stock one instead.

So, basically, my question is - If I send the TB to Steigemeier and have them bore it, will it function *properly* with my HP TB kit? THANKS!

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Im going to guess and say no. If the blower plenum opening was made for a single blade T/B than that is what you should use. What kind of T/B do you have now? What are the problems?

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I do not really want to say what the brand is, but it is a well known one. I believe I have adjusted it correctly, but after driving it for over a week, it just does not feel right.

Does anyone know what the TB looks like after it has been ported?

TIMS93GT

Established Member
It will not work. You have to use a single blade throttle body. Our stocker is a dual blade throttle body (even ported, if your wondering).

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
I think its pretty obvious that a single blade TB will not work with the stock style opening on the whipple, but why shouldn't the stock style TB work with the oval opening... as long as the dual blades on the stocker clear the opening on the whipple it should work... only way to find out is to make a template of the opening on your whipple and lay it on the back of your stock TB... I would try it out that way instead of mounting it to find out, but it whipple says it won't work I don't think it will... I'm sure if it worked both ways they would only make one stlye...

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
illadvisedSnake said:
I think its pretty obvious that a single blade TB will not work with the stock style opening on the whipple, but why shouldn't the stock style TB work with the oval opening... as long as the dual blades on the stocker clear the opening on the whipple it should work... only way to find out is to make a template of the opening on your whipple and lay it on the back of your stock TB... I would try it out that way instead of mounting it to find out, but it whipple says it won't work I don't think it will... I'm sure if it worked both ways they would only make one stlye...

Won't work....The Idle Air Control ports are different, and won't match up!

Users who are viewing this thread