Can the pulley bridge be removed without draining the coolant

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm wanting to swap a spare powder coated pulley bridge with a guy for his stock uncoated pulley bridge and was wonder can they be removed with out draining the coolant and disconnecting radiator hoses?

I've only had mine off once and that was when the motor was out of the car.

Thanks

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep, you can. I can't remember what all I had to unbolt but I want to say the IC and rad expansion tanks, PS res...did the bushings in my lower recently and I think that's why I had the fan loose.

But either way, yes you can. Looking from the front, it came out to the drivers side and same going back in. Dipped the pass. side of the bridge in and snuck it in there.

If you're putting a powder coated one back in it might get scuffed if you don't remove more stuff though.

cj428mach

Established Member
Alright thanks guys. Im going to go over and help pull his stocker. Just wanted to know how quick and easy it was going to be.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would imagine it depends on the coolant tanks as well. I know I've pulled the bridge on a couple other cars, but they had stock tanks. Looking at my True Forged tanks there's no way I'd get it off with those tanks there. And I'd have to drain the systems to be able to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread