can u use a m14x105?

evansvt

FOR SALE
Established Member
i have a bunch of nuts and bolts at work and i found a m14x105 is that long enough to hold the nylon in the nut?? how many threads are sticking out when ur done installing the m14x110? anyone measured it?

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
You might want to be more specific as to what the intended use is.

Be sure to use the proper grade for your application.

evansvt

FOR SALE
Established Member
for the subframe to diff bushings a lot of cobras had a m12 put in instead of a m14 if youve done the swap or have heard of it then youll know what im referring to

YoungJim

Established Member
Standard aircraft practice which may be useful:

1-3 threads protruding though the nylon in the locknut should suffice. You'll want to check the bolts to make sure that there aren't any threads in bearing, that is, that the smooth part of the stem of the bolt sticks through all the way. That would be the ideal setup. Jim. FWIW In another thread it was mentioned that 9/16" bolts are an even better fit than the 14mm pieces. I haven't tried it, but anything would be better than a 12mm bolt in a 14mm hole! I'm amazed that wasn't a recall!

evansvt

FOR SALE
Established Member
i dont have the car up in the air and im just wondering what sizes will work cuz i have access to all those bolts....i would like to know b4 i get her up in the air if i need to just go ahead and buy the nuts and bolts or if the ones i got will work

Users who are viewing this thread