Can we all just agree..

Blackoyote

Established Member
The most annoying part of the marketplace...is selling shit.

Old people and foreigners go through and just click on 'Interested!' thinking it's comparable to a 'like' button.

It took me a while to figure this out, but every time I'd list something I'd immediately have 15-20 people message me 'interested', to which I'd return, 'it's still available'. I started getting responses from people that said 'oh I don't have the money, I just liked it'.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Do tell. I'm all in if I can do this too. :D

The more effort it takes to enter a contest, the less amount of people that will do it. AKA, submit a picture show why you love our product, or in under 200 characters tell us what you would do with the prize. Secondly, use referral bonuses to your advantage. That trip to Jordan I posted, I get 10 more entries per person who signs up via that link. I already have 52 total, and I've really yet to share it many places. I see myself getting more like 152 total without much effort.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The more effort it takes to enter a contest, the less amount of people that will do it. AKA, submit a picture show why you love our product, or in under 200 characters tell us what you would do with the prize. Secondly, use referral bonuses to your advantage. That trip to Jordan I posted, I get 10 more entries per person who signs up via that link. I already have 52 total, and I've really yet to share it many places. I see myself getting more like 152 total without much effort.
So you just enter everything on Facebook. Not exactly secret sauce. It's a numbers game .;)

lilcoop03

Established Member
You will see the dumbest ****ing shit and dumbest ****ing people on there sometimes...

Carton of cigarettes with one pack missing for $45..

bottles of washing detergent that somebody got free from couponing and trying to sell for regular retail price at your local grocery store.

used and damaged/stained clothes and shoes.

I get on there sometimes for a few laughs. You never know what you will come across.

Blown 89

Established Member
So... facebook is a tool. It's all in how you use it. If you can't find anything but family drama and worthless statue updates from people you don't care about, then it's you who are the problem. You haven't found a good use for a simple tool.
Pretty much. If you can't find a useful benefit to Facebook you're the problem, not Facebook.

cheaneyt

Established Member
Facebook free since 2013. Only car clubs and forums for this feller.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I find no useful benefit to Facebook.

...and that's fine. I have no issues with someone saying they simply don't use it or are not a fan. My slight issue is with those who insult FB and it's users in a manner to make themselves look better. EX: I have better things to do with my life, or I'm not some idiot who cares what my sister ate for dinner.

As said, FB is a tool. If it's not for you, that's fine. To say it's worthless or stupid, only make you look foolish.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
So you just enter everything on Facebook. Not exactly secret sauce. It's a numbers game .;)

Everyting...hell no, I don't have that much free time. As I enter/share some contest, I have friended some contest people. One person I know of, they use a spreadsheet and track the contests that you can enter daily. They normally have 300-500. Yes, they enter that many, daily.

Yes, it is a numbers game, but I focus more on what I actually want to win, and look for ones I can twist to my advantage. Example: REI giving away a free pair of shoes. Their FB page might have 500,000 followers, so that contest will get a LOT of entries. My local outdoor's store that is like a REI, if they were giving away a pair of hiking shoes, their FB page might only have 10,000 followers. Already better odds. Now if there's a referral bonus, maybe 5 more entries for each person who signs up via my link, we're getting even better. A shorter window for the contest, even better. I get my referral link, spam in around the web in places (this part gets more complicated) and maybe I could rack up over 100 entries in a week. If they have a total of 1,000 entries and 100 are mine...I like those numbers.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
...and that's fine. I have no issues with someone saying they simply don't use it or are not a fan. My slight issue is with those who insult FB and it's users in a manner to make themselves look better. EX: I have better things to do with my life, or I'm not some idiot who cares what my sister ate for dinner.

As said, FB is a tool. If it's not for you, that's fine. To say it's worthless or stupid, only make you look foolish.

Are you claiming all those pricey winnings to the IRS?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ook-back-at-oprahs-ultimate-car-giveaway/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I think the creeps and scammers ruined Craigslist, but that's just me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MFE

Established Member
I agree that Facebook has ruined forums and that its search function and marketplace suck Jordanian donkey taint.

However.

"I don't do Facebook" is right up there with vegan gluten-free crossfitters.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
"I don't do Facebook" is right up there with vegan gluten-free crossfitters.

Agreed. A close friend rode that train for years. Then, everytime, we got together at the track or grabbing some food/drink, 75% of the BS would be social media related. "Looks like Mike's short block is done and going back in." I didn't know it was out? "Yeah, he posted it on FB 2 weeks ago when he burnt a piston." Or a funny video, or some car related video, picture, etc. He finally created an account with zero information, no picture of a false name. Now we can tag him and keep him filled in. He's not anti-computer either, he use to/still does spend time browsing lots of forums.

daustin

Established Member
FB Marketplace by me consists of "Hey, I'm selling three flat tires. Located at 10th Street and Ogden Ave. Must pick up. Price $50000 firm."

Then the comments:

"Hey, do you have the fourth flat tire?"
"I need these right now!!! Where are they located?"
"Can you deliver?"
"Will you take $2?"

Pretty useless here in Vegas. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread