Can we change the factory color HIDs

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
So in an attempt to find a fog light to match the factory color of my oem HIDs on my 08, I have given up. I have bought all kinds of different bulbs and LEDs with zero success.

I was just wondering if we are able to just change the bulbs or something of our factory HIDs.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This is the closest I have found, they are not exact.............but one thing to consider, the fog is radiating from a small opening and reflector, the HID's are reflection through a much larger opening so I would guess that the light is not going to be as focused/intense?

005_zps134698a4.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^Sorry it's blurred..........

0033_zpsa2dfacbc.jpg

^^^^You may have already found this combo and not been happy with it...................

If you find something exact, I would also be interested, but for now, these fogs match better than the oem yellowish looking bulbs.

R

Last edited:

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
yes its the V3. It said high powered white when i ordered back in jan but they changed it to V3, that is the one you want.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
Yes, that looks Great............so you changed the bulb in your HID to 5K to match the 5K fogs?

R
I had the regular non hid's lights. Tried to find an oem kit so instead went with the hidguy 5k kit. Lifetime warrenty if you buy the headlight kit. Do you have switchback turn signals? It looks like you have an led bulb.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I had the regular non hid's lights. Tried to find an oem kit so instead went with the hidguy 5k kit. Lifetime warrenty if you buy the headlight kit. Do you have switchback turn signals? It looks like you have an led bulb.

My LED turns are amber from Super Bright LED's, they are CANBus so they have a resistor built into them and require no additional resistors to be spliced. I do have a pair of the switchbacks White/Amber and plan on installing them with a clear park/turn lens, they will require a resistor add on each side. By the time I am done with that project my parking lights should appear white through the clear park/turn lens, and when the turn signal is applied, they will flash amber and be legal.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Awesome, thank ya much.

+1

^^^Very Cool!!

O.k., so what does it take to replace the HID light in the oem HID housing? I have never even researched changing the HID's to match the LED fogs? I don't think many have gone this route, but that is what is needed since it doesn't seem like anyone makes a 4300K fog LED that fits our cars.........

And to verify again, you changed the 4300K light source in your oem HID headlight to a 5000K light source to match 5000K aftermarket LED fogs?

The link you provided seemed to point toward the LED fog light change, not the HID headlight bulb change as I had asked about, so that is why I am just verifying...........

Last edited:

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
From what I'm gathering, he had NON HIDs... But he did match all lights to be 5000K. I guess that is a viable option if someone makes 5000k HID bulbs for our cars.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
From what I'm gathering, he had NON HIDs... But he did match all lights to be 5000K. I guess that is a viable option if someone makes 5000k HID bulbs for our cars.

Yes, it sounds like he bought the 5K HID kit from HID Guy and replaced a non-HID headlight set-up.

The picture of my car in post #3 is with factory HID's and a 5K LED fog upgrade (not 6K which get that blue hue to them). My 5K LED fogs are white, but they are so white that the oem HID headlights have a little "less than white" look to them.

So the option is...............either find a LED fog at 4300K that fits our cars (fits in the housing), I haven't found that yet OR upgrade the HID's (either oem or to compete aftermarket sets) to 5K.

Is there even a replaceable bulb in a oem HID headlight module, or is it replaced as an assy.?

R

Last edited:

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member

Correct! When i talked to Oscar main guy at hidguy, he said the 5k kit they sell look very close to the oem 4300k. the regular led's non high powered might match the 4300k.

Here is a pic when i had swithbacks. Took them off cause i didn't wanna deal with resistors. If you get clear corners they also have chrome bulbs that turn amber.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Exterior-Accessory-Bulbs-s/574.htm

http://www.360tuners.com/05mustang.aspx

Last edited:

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
My LED turns are amber from Super Bright LED's, they are CANBus so they have a resistor built into them and require no additional resistors to be spliced. I do have a pair of the switchbacks White/Amber and plan on installing them with a clear park/turn lens, they will require a resistor add on each side. By the time I am done with that project my parking lights should appear white through the clear park/turn lens, and when the turn signal is applied, they will flash amber and be legal.

Are these the ones you have?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...b--dual-intensity-26-smd-led-tower/1263/2942/

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
This is perfect. Thanks a lot guys. I also have the switch backs. I'm going to take them out because they have the blue looke like the LED fogs.

Users who are viewing this thread