Can we do this with out beating each other up?

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Ok guys here it is, I have an 03 Cobra with a Hellion T-76 kit on it, everything is built from the new engine to the tranny and suspension. I have went 10.2s in the car but it still needs to be fine tuned. I know when you ask who is the best Mustang Tuner you might as well be asking whose mom gives the best BJs as it is usually a huge arguement. However I am really just trying to see a long process finally finished, I have blown one motor up since the start and have had to send my tranny back off to Lentech since all of this began. So please guys help me find someone to send my car to that will not melt 5 pistons or have my so rich I am washing out the cylinders. I just want it right and I am tired of throwing money away. This has been quite a while now and about 82K in this project. Thanks for any help guys. Oh and I am deployed right now so I will arrange for the car to be delivered via delivery service to the shop so they will have no problem with that and there is no need to rush to fit my car in anywhere as I will not be home till May 2010. Thank guys

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

are you looking for someone local or don't really care? who currently tuned it and if you don't want to post, pm me.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I am looking to find the best shop in America, I do not care where they are located I will pay for the shipping to know I have finally had my car sent to the right people to take care of the issues I am having. The tuner I had last was Randy Haywood. He is a great guy and has tuned my car to the tune of a 10.2 in the 1/4. However we are still unable to get rid of a code because it uses a return style fuel system now. Which means I am unable to re-register my car as it no longer passes NC inspection.

TRBO VNM

well, there are a lot of very good tuners in america. I personally use Jon Lund. His mentor was/is Jerry W. who used to be part owner of SCT.

you will get a lot of people who will post up who they use and recommend them, just as I did. do you know the code you have? what software was Randy using(SCT, diablo?)

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
SCT and man I have forgotten the code, but I will post it up as soon as I get home in the next couple days. I have a family emergency to take care of. Where is Jon Lund located?

TRBO VNM

Lund is in Media, PA or Aston, PA, but I have him come down to me for tuning. I usually just get about 4-6 cars ready and then schedule him to come down. he has a single hellion terminator himself and a hellion fox body and has tuned a lot of them. I hope to have mine tuned in the next few weeks. return system as well.

oh yeah, I am in Mechanicsville, MD. he tunes SCT, Diablo and a couple others.

Last edited:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Thanks brother. Does he do more than tuning? Meaning if there is an issue that needs to be done can he do it or is he only a tuner?

TRBO VNM

he can do it, but since I am right here, I would probably just do it. And he would probably just want me to do a once over to check some things and we can even look at a few things via data logging and email. I sent him your email and a link to this thread, but he doesn't like getting into the forum drama stuff. he does want to know the code, so when you get back let me know. my AOL is blustang92 or compspeednsound

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Thanks man, I really don't want drama either man, I am so tired of the crap each time you try to find out information. Here are known issues with my car.

1. The oil line under the Turbo has a small leak
2. The front tranny seal has a slight leak
3. It is using a very slight bit of oil and I am not sure if it is rings, valve guides, or if the turbo seal has issues.

I know that may not sound good but that is the truth up front.

TRBO VNM

1. drain line is easy or should be easy to fix
2. shouldn't be hard either
3. can do a leak down and compression test on motor to see if that shows anything. are you seeing any smoke out of the tailpipes on accel or decel?

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I can not tell you an honest answer on that, but if memory serves me it was at start up which is why I was thinking Valve guides. It is a new MMR motor as well. I fear it may be a bit too rich.

TRBO VNM

yeah, imo that is too rich. I haven't researched at what point you would have cylinder wash, so I can't comment on that. I know lund likes to keep the a/f in the mid 11's typically.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I agree, but to be fair I have not given Randy much time to do much with the tune as I am in and out of the Country. But being as I need it done so I can put tags back on my car I want it done right. I agree totally with mid 11s for AFR at WOT. When Arthur built my motor for my Lightning that is right where he put my all my tunes. I would like to get things on the Cobra just right so I can enjoy the money I have spent.

Users who are viewing this thread